Discussion: Russian Firm Quotes Animal House To Bash Mueller: 'You F**ked up ... You Trusted Us'

1 Like

Well, this seems to round out this week appropriately somehow.

We live in strange times.

43 Likes

Yep

7 Likes

On the contrary, far from trusting you, the very point of ex parte is that I don’t trust you. Look it up, comrade.

33 Likes

Next up, North Korea starts quoting Ferris Bueller.

57 Likes

The only way that any information should be share with Concord’s lawyers is if there was an enforcable order that the documents could only be seen by Concord’s lawyers and that any sharing or discussion of the documents beyond “lawyers eyes only” would result in taking the lawyers and parting them out for organ donation. No appeal, no delay. Oh, and there would need to be a standing $10M offer for information on any unauthorized disclosure.

Absent that, no go.

19 Likes

These attorneys remind me of more Animal House dialog:

Otter: Take it easy, I’m pre-law.
Boon: I thought you were pre-med.
Otter: What’s the difference?

32 Likes

This is sneering and vulgar and unprofessional to a degree that is mind-boggling. In the context of trying to persuade the court that the attorneys for Concord should be entrusted with secret information, it is very stupid indeed.

64 Likes

Yeah I can’t think of any way that “I can provide more information to the court” is reminiscent of “you fucked up by trusting me”. Russia’s apparently become so corrupt that even the most basic forms of rationality have become obsolete and incomprehensible there.

28 Likes

Good lord. Are people actually paying for this crap?

31 Likes

My thought exactly. What attorney worth a damn would be so flippant in a filing.

33 Likes

Can’t wait for the “See if you can guess what I am now. I’m a zit. Get it?” portion of this legal drama.

14 Likes

And we Otter know.

18 Likes

Exactly. And the number one rule at court is to be respectful of the court and court staff. This is gonna piss off whoever reads it.

34 Likes

My prediction for 2019:

This smug bunch of psychos are going to be taken down a few notches in the coming months.

27 Likes

Natasha: Boris, dahlink, is it a good idea to insult the court?

Boris: No problem, I do it all the time.

Is Russian arrogance at it’s best.

Da!

12 Likes

Especially since it was not even an effective pop culture reference at all.

Even if it was funny and clever it probably would not have flown.

As it is, they probably incurred multiple “strikes” against their side.

Maybe it was written by bots. Some program that has “insert pop culture reference here” in it.

19 Likes

Many, you catch a federal judge on the wrong day with something like this and you/your firm could find yourself paying like $20K in sanctions, if not worse.

23 Likes

This is pathetic. What lawyer worth their salt would talk like this in a court filing? I’m not even a lawyer and I know better than to do that. Also, Aren’t these lawyers Americans? I mean, they’d have to be in order to practice here right? So, given that, wtf?

Would the Bar have something to say about such unprofessional conduct? That’s funny, it’s seems the answer is probably contained within my question, but I swear I didn’t mean to do that. Anyhow, what say all you lawyers out there?

ETA: looks like Jasonx is thinking along these lines. Our comments were written at almost the same time!

10 Likes

I was just thinking the same thing. Or, rather, wondering if this world we live in could get any stranger.

Suppose I shouldn’t tempt fate by asking that.

12 Likes