Discussion: Right Out Of The Gate: Meadows, AOC Spar At First Oversight Cmte. Meeting

2 Likes

The GOP are gonna try everything they can to sloooooow down every oversight and investigative Congressional committee for the next two years.

Count on it.

78 Likes

Wow! I think it’s going to take Meadows five days to figure out what truck just ran over him. AOC isn’t just great on social media, she kicks ass in person too.

I’m going to give Meadows Elmer Fudd’s advice…be bery, bery quiet…

97 Likes

She is not going to be intimidated - that’s for sure. hahahahahahahahhahaha

60 Likes

"Ocasio-Cortez asked Cummings if five days were allotted back when Republicans controlled the committee. Cummings responded no."

“Okay, thank you,” Ocasio-Cortez replied.

76 Likes

Then the Dems can form a Select Committee and work around the obstructionists. So, not going to count on it.

A select or special committee of the United States Congress is a congressional committee appointed to perform a special function that is beyond the authority or capacity of a standing committee. A select committee is usually created by a resolution that outlines its duties and powers and the procedures for appointing members. Select and special committees are often investigative in nature, rather than legislative, though some select and special committees have the authority to draft and report legislation.

25 Likes

Was it 3 or 5 when Repubs controlled the committee? 3? Okay, end of discussion.

Add many fucking explicatives to inner voice.

30 Likes

Ideological opposites Reps. Mark Meadows (R-NC) and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY)

Shouldn’t that read “Unfairly intellectually equipped opposites”?

Pitting Meadows (R-Braindead) against AOC is about as fair as [add your favorite analogy here].

37 Likes

A growing admiration for this young woman. She irked me at the start, but she is a good fighter.

55 Likes

Meadows is definitely not going to like having a young Latina female stand up to him.

You know, at this rate, I’d rather have front row seats to the Oversight Committee than the Super Bowl.

81 Likes

The lady is a champ.

Where can I send some of my retirement pennies?

14 Likes

This.

I’m not as far left as she, but I’m a fan. She’s willing to take them on and is smart enough to know when to take them on.

48 Likes

None of the GOP do. And they’re already failing at trying to demonize her

11 Likes

Ocasio-Cortez shot back: “I don’t believe we need five days,” she said, adding that lawmakers should already be in D.C. doing their jobs.

Ocasio-Cortez asked Cummings if five days were allotted back when Republicans controlled the committee. Cummings responded no.

“Okay, thank you,” Ocasio-Cortez replied.

62 Likes

O well - that’s hardly even a fair comparison for me. I don’t like football. hahahahaha I’d rather watch the Oversight Committee any day.

But yay you that you’d rather. :laughing:

17 Likes

Alright! Who else wants to have a go?

13 Likes

And his ways of dealing with it will be fun to watch… :laughing:

12 Likes

She’s right, it’s all bull shit from them. if it was 3 days last congress than 3 days is sufficient for this congress.

36 Likes

Mark Meadows intimidating a bartender from the Bronx seems about as plausible as Marco Rucio begging a disco manager to turn off the bubble machine.

(I have a feeling this comment may go tragically under-appreciated.)

56 Likes

She is really, really bright. She won second place in the Intel International Science and Engineering contest. And in honor of that had an asteroid named after her.

47 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available