Discussion: Right Out Of The Gate: Meadows, AOC Spar At First Oversight Cmte. Meeting

At the least, Meadows and his ilk will learn to respect her. She is not putting on any airs. To the extent that Meadows is nothing but an ignorant mouthpiece (high likelihood), he’ll be taking quite a few steps backwards. He sure as hell has not been representing the people of his district worth a damn.

23 Likes

“Ocasio-Cortez asked Cummings if five days were allotted back when Republicans controlled the committee. Cummings responded no.”

Clear and to the point, you didn’t need it when you were in charge you shouldn’t expect it now.

37 Likes

That was sparing? Yeah is was a BS request by Rs but sparring implies more of a fight, even if just verbal to me. This seem more like an exaggerated headline I’ve come to expect from Raw Story.

9 Likes

I’m totally in love with AOC. She’s doing everything right, and what we’ve been waiting for for years. Can someone please pass her my number?

11 Likes

The headline mischaracterized the exchange. AOC kicked his ass.

16 Likes

I don’t know. It just seems a little cruel for AOC to stomp the ass of one who is so mentally challenged.

15 Likes

Also …

She’s Vice-Chair of this Committee … that’s a BIG deal —

ETA …

This is a mistake and I regret this error …

The Vice-Chair is actually Katie Hill … (D) California [25] …

[still a BIG deal … she’s also a freshman firecracker]

25 Likes

Or this:

19 Likes

The “five days” question was basically a tacit “Fuck you!” to sub-genius Meadows, who, like all other Republicans, can’t seem to grasp that the shit you pull while you are in power is going to come back and bite you in your clueless ass when you are swept out of power.

47 Likes

this was a great line. The bottom line is that the Republicans on two committees - Oversight and Intelligence - are nothing but flunkies for Trump/Putin. While I think the D’s need to, where possible, try to act like the adults in the room, on these too committees they should give exactly the same level of collegiality that they got when the R’s were in charge, as in zero.

Every effort ought to, and will, be made to highlight what stupid hacks the Republicans on these committees are.

30 Likes

They never put in 5 days a week. They slink away and stay away till they have to come back. What job?

8 Likes

AOC: “Here’s your karma, Meadows. Choke on it, beotch!”

5 Likes

If this is a preview of coming attractions, I might singlehandedly increase the value of Orville Redenbacher stock by 25%.

15 Likes

Yes, a little cruel, but somehow I am willing to tolerate it…

6 Likes

Deflate Castrate -gate

7 Likes

The cited Bloomberg article gives a different story, and I assume it is more accurate since it is cited as TPM’s source:

"Ocasio-Cortez then asked Cummings whether Republicans gave members ample notice for such matters during the last congressional session, when they ran the committee.

“No,” said Cummings, of Maryland.

“OK, thank you,” said Ocasio-Cortez.

In the end, Cummings said he’d work to give committee members five days’ notice as much as possible, although he said that sometimes the staff and lawyers must pursue investigations efficiently when members are at home or traveling."

8 Likes

AOC is an amazing, amazing force of Nature… and only 29. Six years until she is old enough to run for President.

Prediction (and surely not the first to do so) – if she keeps her nose clean (so no scandals, which she seems entirely capable of doing), she will run in 2028 (assuming a Dem gets elected in 2020, and is incumbent in 2024), and very well might win. At the very least, she will be “promoted” to the Senate.

11 Likes

AOC’s 15 minutes are over.

But see, that was just the preview. TIME FOR THE 2-YEAR EXTENDED SERIES, YOU FUCKERS!

16 Likes

Are we leftists not allowed to like American football? Asking for a friend.

2 Likes

Not to dogpile on the poor, hapless Meadows, (aw, hell, why not?), but the man had to deal with an uppity female who gave him lip. That’s never happened to him before in his entire life.

Rep. Meadows, sir, I have a short message for you – and your ilk.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available