Discussion: Resigned Port Authority Commissioner Flashed Badge, Cursed Out Police

I believe this is what’s known as “burying the lede.”

31 Likes

Yet another case of the arrogance of power.

21 Likes

“These aren’t the kind of ethics I had in mind.”

4 Likes

The Port Authority of NY and NJ Commissioners are appointed by the respective governors of those states. They are invariably unfit for office since the appointments are used to pay off large donors (hedge fund and real estate moguls in the case of Cuomo) and political allies. You would think that decision-making on crucial infrastructure matters ought to be the province of good-faith transportation experts and urban planners, but no, billions of dollars are entrusted to a group of unqualified hacks with private agendas of profit and power, and the result of this fiefdom system is there for all to see: shockingly run-down airports, crummy bridges, decrepit and malfunctioning bus terminals, and desperately needed tunnels that never get built, hopeless inefficiency. I’m hoping that the admirable Phil Murphy will change this in NJ and Cynthia Nixon in NY.

20 Likes

She leads “4000 cops” and doesn’t know she’s on camera or so hubristic that she didn’t care? Either way, glad she’s out.

And she was the ethics chair, no less!

17 Likes

Just when you thought the Republicans had a monopoly on stupid…

16 Likes

Even today Bridgegate continues:
Bridgegate appeal: Kelly, Baroni ask judge to overturn convictions

I’d be surprised if any Port Authority Commissioner, in Fuckface Christie’s New Jersey, Dem or Repub, WASN’T a corrupt asshole.

9 Likes

This, too, is one main reason the 911 bad guys worked their way through the Boston Airport. It was badly managed by an appointed crony of the Governor and was known for its weak security that was easy to get around.

1 Like

Stay classy New Jersey!

11 Likes

Love the officer’s reply. “There’s no problem. It’s an unregistered vehicle!” Bye Felicia!

28 Likes

This lady is a Democrat? We don’t need a POS like this in our party.

12 Likes

Wow! power n the hands of the wrong person.

2 Likes

I think the officers showed remarkable restraint.

16 Likes

Oh, just tase her.

15 Likes

The officers were right to discount her but after all the news lately, I kept thinking, what if this was an angry black woman? Would they have been as patient?

13 Likes

I thought the same thing and worse what if this had been an angry black man?

11 Likes

Or an angry black man. I guess for nasty privileged white women, getting The Talk is not typically part of their history.

@dannysgrandma Great minds strike again!

11 Likes

Ugh - in NJ we have them on tap - ready to pour - which ever type you want liberal conservative north - south

McGreevey, Christie and his minions, Corzine, Williams, Treffinger, Torricelli, and on & on

3 Likes