Discussion: Reports: Warren Finance Director Resigned After High-Dollar Fundraiser Debate

I’m actually somewhat impressed by the principled stand on both their parts.

Warren, for actually trying to walk the talk, which is pretty rare in politics; and her finance director, for living by the principle of more money is better money, entrenched corruption be damned.

Regardless of her chances in the primary, I am really glad she is part of the conversation.

41 Likes

Does anyone know how she stands now in the competition to be a top $ fundraiser? Some small donor (whatever that means) models have worked very well.

3 Likes

I find Elizabeth Warren to be consistently principled - I really hope that works out for her; I think a Warren presidency would go a long way towards clearing out the current Washington stench.

33 Likes

And while Beto get criticized for being all style and no substance, despite releasing like 17 different detailed policy proposals, the only media traction Warren can get are stories like these about how she can’t raise any money.

Why are Democratic candidates for president always viewed through the media prism of their weaknesses, while Republican candidates are always viewed through their strengths?

47 Likes

Good for her! Inevitably, a candidates schedules winds up revolving around these “cocktail party” fundraisers, and the campaign gets dominated by pollsters and fundraisers, who don’t care about policy, and care only about image and appealing to big money donors.

14 Likes

Donate to this woman.

31 Likes

second that - she’s been looking out for the middle and working classes since the 90’s

26 Likes

I like people who say they are going to do a principled thing, and then do the thing. Not as common as it should be.

37 Likes

Nobody can accuse Liz Warren of hypocrisy - she does walk the walk. She’s probably the best human being running, which isn’t to say she’s the best candidate.

But she’s loaded with character all the way down.

45 Likes

Although Warren is my preferred candidate to win the presidency, I know the media would help to destroy her chances in the general.

Amy is my next choice.
That said, I’ll vote for any Democrat in the general, even if it’s friggin Biden. And I loathe Biden. I have loathed him for years.

9 Likes

I have absolutely no idea. On a completely unrelated note, did you know that six corporations own 90 percent of all media in America? Yeah, weird, huh!?!.

https://www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6

21 Likes

I’ll vote for whoever is nominated too. There are a couple of candidates I’d rather die than vote for but I’m going to have to suck it up if one of them gets the nomination.

16 Likes

Corporate owned media?

11 Likes

Good thing you threw in “principled” there.

6 Likes

It would be an entirely different thing without it. :wink:

3 Likes

I frankly thought the whole decision for not having high-dollar fundraisers was more showmanship than anything else, and the fact that Warren posted some of her first conversations with small contributors online didn’t help. Some of her policies I like a lot (corporate responsibility, universal childcare, affordable housing), some I think are valuable but problematic (wealth tax, breaking up Big Tech), and some I think are sloppy (the ag policy she introduced is all over the map). That she’s making every candidate articulate their positions is a good thing.

4 Likes

I just went right for the “grab 'em by…”

2 Likes

It’s not just the media – it’s a disturbingly large chunk of Dems, themselves.

Republicans just wanna win, and it shows; they fight like hell for their nominee, warts and all.

Dems wanna fall in love; too many demand the perfect candidate – a 100% score on the purity test.

And our easily led media – always eager to pile on – use that as a “GOP strong; Dems weak” narrative.

35 Likes

Well it’s backwards.

We want a genuinely good president. They don’t give a shit how good their presidents are - obviously. They also don’t care about the rest of us and we do care about the country as a whole.

So it’s backwards.

18 Likes