Discussion: Reports: Trump May Make Offer To Dems For Border Wall Money

1 Like

Fine, give him the $5.6 billion, then tie it up in the courts for the next century or so.

There will NEVER be a Trump wall…

19 Likes

CONcessions from trump? sure
That is if he doesn’t suddenly change his mind.
he still has a couple of hours to hear from hannity, coulter and limpballs.
Ran out of courage to meet in the situation room, did ya?
The answer will still be no funds for the wall, but plenty for border security.
Go ahead and bite off more of what you can’t chew.
Then tweet away!!!

8 Likes

discussions between White House adviser Jared Kushner, Vice President Mike Pence and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY)

I think I see why he’s going to make an offer the Dems will refuse.

28 Likes

Isn’t it really up to Ann, Sean, and Rush?

26 Likes

Aha! But they won’t be able to refuse it on live TV, tricking me into embarrassing myself on camera. This time I’ve got them! {evil laugh}

5 Likes

Obviously nothing is going to come of this, but temporary protections in exchange for a permanent wall is a shitty deal at any point.

27 Likes

Don’t fall for it, Nancy. His word is no good.

21 Likes

“McConnell did not try to write the bill for them; this bill is the culmination of Kushner and Pence’s conversations with some Democrats and an inventory of proposals they discussed”

Kush, Pence and some guys. That is confidence inspiring. Considering that the entire concept is both bogus, nonfunctional and destructive. Yep, must be some might fine concessions?

Number 1. Trump resigns.
Number 2. Trump goes to jail.
Number 3. As do the rest of his minions and sycophants.

Then we discuss wall.

22 Likes

Monuments to racism are going to be a non-starter in any case. And this whole wall thing has been cast as a monument to racism.

There’s little (if any) serious opposition to physical barriers in general, where they make sense. But that was never what this Wall Thing was about.

30 Likes

So in summary, Trump agrees to treat people the way he already should have been treating them, and in exchange wants every penny in his original demand for his ridiculous wall. If that’s his proposal, there’s no reason for Pelosi to change her “open the government and then we’ll talk” stance.

17 Likes

The whiff of desperation, she is getting stronger.

23 Likes

Well said. The ‘wall’ is just a play to the fears and hatred of those who constitute so much of his base, and all the propaganda about caravans and border crises is just designed to keep them riled up.

10 Likes

If Democrats agree to trust Trump not to use his power to fuck over DACA and TPS people just because he agrees not to, they’re stupider than Neville Fucking Chamberlain. That is all.

38 Likes

Everyone’s on about the 5.6 billion like it means something. It wouldn’t pay for a wall. It would barely pay for the legal fees in the property rights court cases.

You’ve got to really be stupid to think this is anything but a publicity stunt. Hello, Trump voters.

22 Likes

Will Hurd is reminding Trump of the acreage involved in eminent domain and the folly of one size fits all approach. Even if DACA and TPS are included in today’s announcement, he is simply giving back what he already took away. There is nothing to prevent him from doing it again.

19 Likes

All by 3pm. My my, interesting scheduling. Not Monday morning or Tuesday, today when everyone is still running about, shopping, recreating and not paying any attention.

6 Likes

It reminds me of his press conference to announce that Obama was really born here in the US. Remember that? Big fucking wind up and a big fucking nothing.

13 Likes

In the meantime, someone is doing something Luv my Guv.

In a public display of defiance, Gov. Gavin Newsom encouraged Transportation Security Administration employees to apply for unemployment insurance through the state after the Trump administration warned California that the workers are ineligible for the benefits during the federal shutdown.

17 Likes

Big fucking nothing, huh?

What about that beautiful tour and commercial for the Trump International Hotel? You call that nothing?

8 Likes