Discussion: Report: Trump Could Stage Rally To Bolster State Of The Union Speech

Stooge works for me.

Rally a Stooge! But bring cash U.S.

3 Likes

He’s emotionally incapable of grasping the concept of checks and balances as a desired thing the founders were brilliant to devise. It’s like Nancy is Gandalf and Trump is Sauron—they were equally matched in power, but Gandalf was far wiser, far more emotionally sophisticated and insightful. So he was able to play Sauron by picking an option Sauron would find literally inconceivable.

5 Likes

Maybe he really is a Clinton Foundation mole put in place to destroy the GOP from the inside. At this point it is the only explanation that makes sense…

4 Likes

Of course he’s a coward, no question you’re right there, but he also believes in tv above everything else and I’d say he just might think a stunt like this will get ratings for him. That’s the level on which he reasons things out.

He knows he’s circling the drain and he’s desperate. Not to mention he cannot stand getting bested by Pelosi. Put that up there right at the top.

1 Like

Yertle McTurtle (R-KY) can invite him to deliver the State of Union speech in the Senate side of the Capitol.

1 Like

I am still waiting when the unpaid are going to protest in masse. Do they realize that taking it in the chin quietly , they are not only supporting Trump, but ensuring that GOP presidents and congress leaders do it again in the future?

They can’t protest en masse any more than they can stay home. They’d never get government jobs again.

4 Likes

When does it cease to be politics and just some crazy guy masturbating on a subway?

3 Likes

That’s at least 2/3ds of what Nancy has been up to -demonstrating to him what checks and balances are. Showing him that she has power that is co-equal with his. In many respects her power is greater - she controls the purse and she has the ability to start the process of firing him.

4 Likes

If you had a multi-decade career in the Government, Security Clearance and all that, you’re not going to put it at risk over a stupid and pointless protest.

It’s not up to the workers to ‘save themselves’, it’s up to the public to stand up for them and demand action from the Senate.

8 Likes

Donnie creates his own play pen and then throws toys and food at everyone. What a child!

Well, then they’re doubly screwed.

OK. Take it passively then. Works wonder for sheep.

He’s not going to try to force his way into the House. I doubt he’ll settle for the Senate.

He will give a rally somewhere most likely.

6 Likes

Technically, though, State of the Union speeches are delivered to Congress, not crowds at political rallies.

Which means it’s not a State of the Union address. It’s a political rally and nothing more. The only thing that matters is how the media covers them, do they give more attention to his SOTU address where he’s supposedly acting as President or to him personally during his political rally where he’s specifically not acting as Presdient.

4 Likes

It already has, hasn’t it? I mean, minus the dick. But this is masturbatory as sure as we all live and breathe.

@tena

He will give a rally somewhere most likely.

Very likely. Pelosi won’t give him enough to feed him and he’ll give up.

4 Likes

Yup. Feel horrible for them, it really is a rock and a hard place.

And I’d expect to see retirements skyrocket in the aftermath from those eligible, and a lot more of the mid-career folks jumping as well.

The tradeoff was always simple: you get paid less than private sector, but as long as you don’t fuck up, you get good job security and a decent pension.

This stuff just throws all of that security out the window.

1 Like

I think that room is too small for the entire Congress to attend and satisfy the constitutional requirement for a verbal SOTU.

He could deliver a written text to the entire congress and then just do a speech on the Senate floor, but that might be too much of a circus show for even McConnell to stomach. Especially if all the Dem Senators suddenly found other conflicts in their schedule and failed to show up.

1 Like

Well, it Batman is not available, this superhero might want to save them…

1 Like

No offer, no consideration. Would be unlawful in any case between government officials. No court could or would compel performance, as it’s a political matter and there’s an established alternative. I think he really does want to try this. What he also doesn’t realize is that time is running out earlier than he thinks, and may even have run out already. You can’t set something like this up without several days’ prep, and neither house of congress has issued an invitation.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available