Discussion: Report: Ousted U.S. Attorney Was Investigating HHS Secretary

Go buy a nice really big screen tv on his credit card and forbid him from it. lol

6 Likes

Being fired.

7 Likes

O yeah - damn I forgot he was. I thought he retired on his own. short term memory not what it could be hahahahaha

What a petty bastard. I canā€™t wait to hear whatā€™s up now although Iā€™m pretty tired of the drips and dabs of information and I wish theyā€™d just tell us what the whole picture is and what it has been.

10 Likes

Whether itā€™s officially treason or not, I just donā€™t see how he avoids going to prison for this. Unless of course he is offered a deal and spills some secrets in return. Somehow I think he may have one or two that would be of interest to investigators.

7 Likes

Mas kudos for ā€œunderbusableā€ !!!

11 Likes

One would certainly think so.

Treason is s tough charge to bring without a war between us and the other country involved. Iā€™d be happy with a violation of the intelligence act but at the least, I hope he goes to a federal pen for all of this.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Who knew such a thing existed? hahahahaha Iā€™ve turned off the TV in waiting rooms when I was by myself. God I just hate that you canā€™t escape the damn things.

8 Likes

I would not hold my breath. Republican criminals are never held accountable by the courts. Justice Roberts went out of the way to free Governor Forced-Transvaginal-Probing-Without-Consent, Bob McDonnell, who was taking suitcases of money, Bentleys, vacations, stealing from the governors mansion etc.

I think Republicans and Roberts will argue that bribery, insider trading, price fixing, tax evasion are all First Amendment protections for them and their friends.

13 Likes

ā€œThis is going to be epic.ā€ I love it.

4 Likes

Itā€™s bad enough without collusion. Collusion may be difficult to prove. You have a corrupt Trump Organization that laundered post-Soviet mob money for more than a decade, a massive disinformation and hacking campaign by the Russians, surrogates and officials taking money right and left from russians and pro-Russians, and more self-dealing than you can shake a stick at.

Would they even need to talk about what they would do for each other?

Edit: Only if people needed to get paid.

7 Likes

Hey, do you know if you type the phrase ā€˜whiny little bitchā€™ into Google, THIS comes up?

https://www.gop.com/

5 Likes

Despite her dramatized delivery, she actually is one of the most clear-headed people following the Russia connections Iā€™m aware of. And she does not seem to be getting decoyed by other news bombs.

9 Likes

Iā€™m not vouching for it.

You see things your way - darkly, I see things my way - open minded until something happens to trigger an opinion.

1 Like

ā€œItā€™s bad enough without collusion.ā€ Thatā€™s what I keep saying, especially in response to the ā€œDems are overselling the Russia connectionā€ line that has become fashionable in certain circles. You donā€™t need actual collusion for impeachable offenses to have occurred. And does anyone believe that with the degree of involvement with the Russian mob thatā€™s already been exposed that there arenā€™t such offenses to be exposed?

That said, we know for a fact that they WERE evidently talking to each other a lot (just how much remains to be seen). And exactly as you said, why would they need to unlessā€¦?

5 Likes

Sadly, it wonā€™t matter. This administration has gutted so many offices and personnel that I have no idea on a Federal level who would even try this treason case. They very well might get away with it due to lack of personnel and inclination.

Sadly you donā€™t know that.

Nobody does. As I said already, itā€™s a matter of opinion. I donā€™t have an opinion either way right now.

1 Like

@fargo Oh, shit. I clicked that link, and now I have to go wash my mouth out.

4 Likes

This stinks top to bottom. But firing Preet wonā€™t stop the investigation and NY AG Schniederman will be happy to step in as well.

11 Likes

Any investigation will be sort of like taking a metal detector to a steel mill.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available