Discussion: Report: Ousted U.S. Attorney Was Investigating HHS Secretary

He’s not in the administration, but Stone is increasingly looking like the first indictment. Which is great news for Trump because there’s no point even trying to flip him–his record as a professional serial liar and degenerate makes him worthless as a witness. And given the plausible deniability cover of him having “quit,” he’s eminently underbusable.

Given the way Grassley and and DiFi were looking when they came out of their meeting with Comey in the SCIF, however, I doubt that will be the last one.

30 Likes

Uploading…
Oh wait, this isn’t about him.

Ehhh…he’ll find a way.

8 Likes

i knew the minefield was big, but it’s Huge! sad.

6 Likes

Take the side bet.
It’s reince priebus.
He is already tied up and gagged.
Probably stuffed in the bowels of the white house archive hallway.
Next time we hear from him, it will be insanity outspoken

5 Likes

Ah, an imaginative wager! I like it.

I would have put my money on Carson, who’s always been halfway to the cuckoo’s nest, and who is, in ncsteve’s marvelous word, underbusable.

But almost any one of these sideshow freaks could go full-on psychotic break at any moment. That’s what makes the game so challenging.

9 Likes

31 Likes

Not exactly looking like people who’ve just been told that everything is hunky-dory, were they. Yikes.

22 Likes

There’s a list of people who look like they are hanging by a thread. And that’s not including all the White House staff we don’t see on camera.

7 Likes

OT, but I wonder how many of those who will be affected voted last year and if so, for whom.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2017/03/17/trump-administration-rolls-back-protections-for-people-in-default-on-student-loans/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.34d4fab0455c

18 Likes

If only they had been warned about the consequences of a protest or non-vote purity tantrum…

14 Likes

Regardless, this is horrible and frightening for them.

5 Likes

I think probably there are parts of Congress that are nothing more than insider trading groups.

10 Likes

“He’s not in the administration, but Stone is increasingly looking like the first indictment.”

You think? I’ve been guessing Flynn would be first, but Stone would be better, since he is certainly a key to the whole scandal.

I do find it odd that those trying to downplay the seriousness of Trump-Russia say there is no evidence at all of collusion. It takes a special kind of credulousness to suppose that (at last count) 16 (!) conveniently forgotten communications with Guccifer 2.0 do not indicate any knowledge of the hacking. But I’m sure it’s all just a bunch of smoke and no fire.

16 Likes

Last night, Rachel said something more about Flynn would be forthcoming. I will be watching.

9 Likes

I would seriously like this thing with Flynn to go all the way to treason charges. It makes me particularly ill that he wore this country’s uniform and attained a high rank and is in collusion with people who are not our friends.

22 Likes

And most likely did it out of spite.

16 Likes

Spite for what?

2 Likes

I am not ordinarily much of a TV watcher. But I’ve had no choice but to set aside an hour every night to watch Rachel Maddow. I will be watching tonight too.

10 Likes

Sexual harassment.

2 Likes

I shall try to get Mr. Tena to listen to reason and watch Rachel. We shall see.

I’ve told him if he insists on being the only one allowed to touch the channel changer, he has a responsibility to me to watch what I want to watch, too, once in awhile and it’s not golf.

I think somewhere along that mini tirade he stopped listening. hahahahahahahaha

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available