Discussion: Report Couldn't Say If Jordan Knew Of Sex Abuse At OSU. He Still Claims Vindication

1 Like

I wasn’t cleared therefore I will claim complete vindication, take a victory lap and, perhaps, a shower with the boys. It’s the Rethugliklan way.

34 Likes

"While Jordan has maintained he had no knowledge of the alleged abuse by the team’s head doctor Richard Strauss, the report did not confirm whether the coaches’ denials of knowledge of the abuse were accurate. The report does not name Jordan specifically, but says that investigators could not make “conclusive determinations” about whether coaches were aware of the abuse or complaints by wrestlers".

#Muellersummary

31 Likes

“I just saw the doctor walk naked into the showers with the kids, too steamy in there to see anything, so I have no knowledge if anything inappropriate happened. Total vindication and NO COLLUSION.”

14 Likes

‘Implicated but not indicted, indicted but never convicted, been to jail but never prison’ is the new vindicated and innocent.

Everyone who thinks that there aren’t two systems of justice in the US needs to thank their lucky stars that they don’t carry around the understanding that only the poor and/or Democrats are every guilty. I do understand that truth and, well, it is making my cynical.

10 Likes

“Strauss sexually abused at least 177 male Ohio State students from 1979 to 1996.”

Roy Moore (high-fiving Jordan): “Dude…!”

23 Likes

He’s a Republican, so you know he’ll never wrestle with his conscience.
But he’ll go to the mat to prove his innocence to the rabid GOP base in Ohio, who will shower him with affection!
You’ll never pin down Ivory Soap-pure Jim Jordan on this, libtards!

13 Likes

Here is the problem, the investigations are all about criminal charges that require evidence “beyond a reasonable doubt”. But being fit for public office or who to vote for is a civil matter which means the standard of proof should be “preponderance of the evidence” or 50% + 1. Or in another words, well Jordon may not be criminally culpable, I believe the testimony of the wrestlers who under oath said they told Jordon about being abused and at best he did nothing and at worst he covered for the abuser.

23 Likes

“It confirmed everything I have said all along,” he said. “You guys know me. If I thought one of our athletes was being harmed . . . I’d have done something. But, yeah, we’re glad that the report’s done and that people who need counseling and want counseling, the university’s going to pay for that.”

#Trumptweets

#MuellerSummary

15 Likes

Total Exoneration!

9 Likes

apparently $1.4 million is the going rate for a “respected” law firm to protect a university from additional liability. That is how much Ohio State paid Perkins Coie for this “inconclusive” report — and it was money well spent.

11 Likes

So, if Jordan couldn’t protect 48 wrestlers in his program from sexual abuse, and he had no knowledge whatsoever that anything might be taking place, why should he be holding any position of power?

22 other coaches were aware at least of rumors.

23 Likes

Exactly, so many parallels. Is this normal practice by investigators? Investigating for a long time only to come to some non-conclusions?

5 Likes

In the photo, what are those wierd dark diagonal lines in front of his shirt? They seem to extend upwards beyond the shirt.

2 Likes

[quote=“inversion, post:3, topic:88031”]
“… the report did not confirm whether the coaches’ denials of knowledge of the abuse were accurate. The report does not name Jordan specifically, but says that investigators could not make “conclusive determinations” about whether coaches were aware of the abuse or complaints by wrestlers”.
[/quote]Perhaps the investigators could not make “conclusive determinations” because the coaches - especially Jordan - were fucking LYING when they denied any knowledge of what was going on, and they’d agreed on their lies and to stick to them before the investigators came around asking questions. When you’ve lied and covered up for decades, it’s easy to keep that thing going.

13 Likes

Truth has a way of coming out… Have to wonder if any of those 177 kids may be outraged enough by the findings that they start talking publicly.

12 Likes

[quote=“occamscoin, post:14, topic:88031”]
In the photo, what are those wierd dark diagonal lines in front of his shirt?
[/quote]Podium microphones - the better to hear his lies with, my dear.

9 Likes

So… No cognition?

5 Likes

“The report speaks for itself.” By not saying anything.

7 Likes

Gym, gym, gym, now you know that’s just not true…

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available