Discussion: Remember Carson's $30K Dining Room Set? Looks Like It Was An Illegal Purchase

His office desk does.

2 Likes

I remember the time Smokey and I accidentally cooked an entire pound of pot in the broiler drawer of Clint’s mom’s kitchen oven (it’s a long story). Once we figured out the thick fog of smoke throughout the main floor wasn’t due to the house being on fire we sat back in a couple recliners, breathed deep, and listened to “The Piper at the Gates of Dawn” about 5 times.

1 Like

The real story here is that it took this long to come to that determination. Could our federal government be any more dysfunctional?

I still can’t believe that that set, which looks like it came from one of those rent-to-own places cost that much. Must be a kickback somewhere.

3 Likes

Now he was the head of pediatric neurosurgery. IF he or his wife involved in this thought this was ok it makes me wonder about the purchases he authorized at his hospital.

3 Likes

that is what I’m talking about when I state firmly that the 70’s was the devil’s own decade for hideousness in every aspect of design - from hair to houses.
GOD that’s ugly.

3 Likes

1 Like

make it stop! for the love of taste and decency, make it stop!

5 Likes

I’m waiting for my new 5.2 cubic feet capacity washing machine with a see thru lid to be delivered next week. I’m getting antsy with anticipation.

2 Likes

I had a 68 Buick that kinda had a similar interior.

I always thought they should come with Don Martin sound effects …

maybe they would of lasted —

1 Like

after macrame, this is the quintessential 70’s decor item to me

that’s the reason why no one should of EVER
taken the brown blotter —

I was always a Mad Hatter man.

1 Like

Do you think he tried to run these scams at the hospital he worked at?

I see your plaid and raise you matchy matchy early 80’s Sloan Ranger Pretension

My plaid is unimpressed.

How would you like to serve 3-5 in that room?

1 Like

Good God, people, my eyes are bleeding. Please, for the love of all that’s holy and right in the world, Stop!

7 Likes

Well, I don’t know if Costco is on the list of ‘approved’ vendors. And the vendors generally charge more because they have to fulfill ‘all’ governmental regulations. So the prices may have been what was in the book they used to order.

IF that is what happened.

1 Like

OH SWEET JESUS. HOW COULD YOU, steviedee111? HOW COULD YOU? You could set off an epileptic seizure of the unsuspecting!

OH SWEET JESUS.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available