Discussion: Remember Carson's $30K Dining Room Set? Looks Like It Was An Illegal Purchase

ahh … just tacky up another one —

1 Like

Ahhh…better.

1 Like

I am not good at Puns. But yours took me back to my Army base youth, the WW2 comics from the PX and thrift shop, and their famous cliche machine gun sound.

Beds usually are.

1 Like

Um…exhaust vent?

hmmph, the nirvana of some people…

3 Likes

like all males, my husband does not get the multiple pillows thing

2 Likes

I don’t have an exhaust vent in my kitchen

Time to give up and go Ommm?

2 Likes

Hey, as a person of the male persuasion, I have three, and would probably add another one, except my wife has four so the bed’s getting kinda crowded…

2 Likes

oh don’t be stupa

1 Like

Now you’ve hurt my feelings, I’m going to get in my karma and go home…

2 Likes

that will be our lhasa

1 Like

Current prices for conveyor dishwashers start at $10K. I remember using one when assigned to the scullery during mess duty in the Marine Corps. I doubt the military pays more the $25K. (Assuming the model is the highest capacity and not to include the lengthy conveyor system that may have to be assembled)

But having to clean trays, bowls, silverware and cups for 200-800+ people per mealtime justifies the expense. On a daily basis how many people eat–or can even eat–a SINGLE meal in the HUD secretary’s dining room?

Must you dilly dalai lama this thread? You’ve got some nirvana.

2 Likes

For everyone who’ve got The Vapors over an $8,000 dishwasher, the opinion states on page 2:

$8,812 for the purchase and installation of a new dishwasher and associated water treatment system…

I’m not saying the expenditure was reasonable or needed, it’s just that a “water treatment system” is a pretty pricey installation. We got one in our home when we installed a tankless water heater, the reasoning being that with our exceedingly hard water in our area, the tankless heater would need constant cleaning and maintenance unless we installed the additional unit to take the hard-water minerals out of the water that runs through it. We’re happy with what we got. Whether Carson’s office kitchen needed anything like that is for somebody else to decide.

On page 3 of the opinion it says:

…collectively referred to as “diswasher” in this opinion

1 Like

oh… dang …

1 Like

I could make another inappropriate comment but I won’t.

But do you have a giant rotisserie in your kitchen like in the photo?

1 Like

thank you

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available