Discussion: READ: Republicans Go After IG Report That Criticized Trump DC Hotel Lease

Oh, I’m totally with you… It’s absolutely horrific what we’re seeing done, and in the Country which is supposed to be the leader on moral issues in the world.

I expect to see this stuff in Turkey or Russia. It’s sad to see it here.

7 Likes

I knew you were, and as a mother, this is tearing me apart.

6 Likes

why the IG spent time in the report on a lengthy discussion of the constitutional law issues at hand,

because as far as these repubs are concerned, the Constitution can and should always be ignored, except when attacking gun control measures

4 Likes

My first reaction too.

File that under ‘be careful what you wish for’ and let it percolate for a bit…

Conservatives just never learn.

6 Likes

But it really is simple.

They’ve worked themselves into a position where they Can.Not.Win without his cult The Deplorables.
Not even a respectable loss, except in specific isolated communities.
It’s really just the ultimate expression of the Southern Strategy.

9 Likes

Memo to staff: Somebody please leave an anonymous voicemail or slip a note under the office doors of Jim “Jim-Bob” Jordan and Ron “4th of July in Moscow” Johnson, advising them that NO DOCUMENTS ARE NECESSARY to show the conflict of interest.

Here’s the evidence:

1. Trump is in the White House; and
  2. Trump’s company is THE TENANT, and is contracting directly with Saudi Arabia and other foreign states.
  3. What’s hard about this?

The conflict is as obvious & Jordan’s & Johnson’s dim-bulb status. EVERY transaction between the Trump Org. and the government will be conflicted. As will EVERY transaction with the Saudis.

7 Likes

So is this the latest step in the destroy democracy playlist?

Maybe they like swatting wasps’ nests. Hope they have their epipens ready.

3 Likes

There’s a national shortage, last I heard. But they probably have a source to keep them stocked even while others go without.

3 Likes

Repug politicians are cheaper.

3 Likes

Screwy Louie Gohmert is still trying to find someone who’ll tell him what IG means otherwise he’d be in their little canoe too!

4 Likes

Do any of these losers go to law school?

2 Likes

I wonder if this is even legal? Can the people being investigated by a legitimate public agency sue the investigators, threaten them and hold them up for public disparagement? I hope the IG sues back.

1 Like

Gee, I think a House investigation might also be called for.

5 Likes

They’ve gotten pretty shameless.

1 Like

These are the same god-fearing, jesus-loving conservative christian Denny Hastert wannabes who frequented the sweaty midwest wrestling locker rooms with teenagers, correct?

2 Likes

Republicans be like

8 Likes

Yes. I can not engage in the topic for longer than a minute or so. The horror is so great, the damage so catastrophic I find it hard to get my mind around it. There are some things so sinful they can not be justified for any reason. The price for this atrocity will be high and the US deserves it.

3 Likes

This’ll be fun when the OIG says “pound sand”, then when they insist the Oversight committee must issue a subpoena, the new Dem. chair says “pound sand”.

Get used to that feeling, assholes.

2 Likes

Sorry. We have more important shit to do.

This ain’t the same Congress that you had last year.

Oh, and go fuck yourself.

All the best.

C. Ochoa

4 Likes