Discussion: Polls: Voters Oppose Trump On Shutdown By Wide Margins In Key 2020 Senate States

Actually, Federal workers (except military personnel) are paid biweekly – the eagle next screams on 25 Jan. Military personnel are paid monthly.

As to California “getting its act together” I can only interpret that to mean that you kick out Gavin Newsome and the California Assembly and Senate and install him as Dictator of California.

1 Like

And, Mitch just dug in his heels. No vote and blaming the Democrats. Fasten your seat belts.

Can’t kick out Gavin until he fixes the DMV which he’s just started working on, fixes PG&E which he’s also just started on and only after he ceases to be a hottie. Our love is here to stay, in other words.

So biweekly in the usual four week month isn’t the same as twice a month?

1 Like

Okie dokie, Trump having a show and tell in McAllen.

3 Likes

Not always; twice a year there will be three paydays.

ETA: Bi-monthly has set paydays, usually 1st & 15th

Every two weeks is a mess; the first payday of the month could be the 1st OR the 7th, for example.

1 Like

Yes, I see that now as I flip through a calendar. Similar to what 800,000 govt employees might be doing to see how long they can hold off paying their bills.

You get two checks a month most months, but you get 26 checks a year. That means in two months you get three checks. Some mortgage lenders will set up mortgages where your payments are due biweekly rather than monthly. Because you make 13 “months” of payments in a year the effective interest rate is reduced as is the mortgage term.

Very few employers pay biweekly any more.

1 Like

I haven’t had an employer for a long time, but I think it was biweekly.

I await the day (in two to four years) when I no longer have an employer and I get to decide what’s interesting enough for me to do.

1 Like

Interesting- the U of Washington just had a giant payroll modernization project fall behind schedule and budget in part because the couldn’t implement a switch from twice monthly to biweekly paychecks.

Those changes are big. When New Mexico State U (my former employer) made a change in its HR software, they had to switch to paying faculty and staff twice monthly because the new software couldn’t accommodate paying some classes of employees monthly and other classes twice monthly. If memory serves, union contract negotiations required that represented staff be paid twice monthly. We faculty were told we’d be coming along for the ride.

1 Like

Yeah this was a typical clusterf——. “Just use an off the shelf solution like a real business” …millions of dollars later… “oh it turns out the university is not like a business and is really complicated in ways we didn’t expect”

1 Like

A poll like this just has to scare them into making the bullshit stop at this point.

It’s infuriating to think that his handlers knew what an idea he is and still foisted him on us.

Ironic because Columbus is, I believe, the only place where the territorial US was invaded over a land border by a foreign army, Pancho Villa’s. The town was burned to the ground.

And they’re still not afraid of Mexicans! Get stuffed, Trump!!

The great thing is you can take on a ton of stuff or do as little as you want and sleep in while figuring it out. You’ll also find the old saw retirement is six Saturdays and one Sunday is true when you find yourself unable to identity just which day it its.

1 Like

I might not have that problem. I track my meds in a really geeky way – I can do this because I’ve only got three. I set the bottles up and count the day number in binary. If the bottles are UUD, it’s day 4, which is Thursday, and I’ve taken my meds for the day. Tomorrow if they are UUD and it’s Friday, I know I haven’t taken my meds…

My husband does something similar. Lines up the pills for the next day on the night table so he knows when he’s downed each med and won’t duplicate. Me, I’m reckless and just take my three in the a.m.

There are 9,000 Texas families of government employees, plus a large number of families of other Texans dependent on the Federal government, who are not getting the first of the checks for the work that they normally do, and that some are now forced to do.

And Traitor Chump wants to have money for hurricane relief diverted to his wall.

1. Had Texans known before the election that Ted Cruz would sit on his hands while Traitor Chump was starving out thousands of Texas families and diverting hurricane relief to take land to build the pointless wall, how likely is it that he would have been re-elected?

2. John Cornyn is the #2 person in the Senate. He also is sitting on his hands. Other things being equal, what are the chances that Texans will return him to office in 2020?

The first question is of course rhetorical. But Beto O’Rourke did not lose by that much. The second question remains to be seen. But …

And the same applies to Florida, another state in which the Republiscum barely won the senate and governor’s races.

And there are Republiscum congresspeople in state after state would should feel the trump scared out of them.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available