Discussion: Poll: Trump's Numbers Haven't Improved Since Mueller Ended Investigation

It’s looking more and more like 46% of those who voted in 2016 is his ceiling.

30 Likes

I find this intensely unsurprising. Every, and I mean every indication we’ve seen so far is that everybody has their mind made up.

I don’t know if I should find it encouraging or not. Strictly speaking, I do think people should update their views when they get new information! On the other hand, we have very little new substantive information (really just the question of whether there are more indictments imminent). And on the gripping hand, Donald Trump is obviously a corrupt piece of crap, no matter whether other wholly legitimate investigations show evidence of that corrupt crapitude in any specific instance.

32 Likes

And the majority of folks who don’t pay attention, are still not paying attention.

24 Likes

Well, as long as his support isn’t increasing …

16 Likes

Takeaway:

So: Everybody: Calm. the. Fuck. Down.

28 Likes

See? He didn’t turn from a poisonous toad into a handsome prince after all. He’s still a poisonous toad.

45 Likes

The true believers were already in line behind him, and the rest of us weren’t fooled for a minute.

27 Likes

After almost 4 years since Trump announced (June 2015) the cake has been baked at this point.

Love him or hate him. Minds won’t change much at this point.

8 Likes

I guess your.phone worked! Where did you get it😃

2 Likes

He is is what he is.

2 Likes

It should be clear:

Nothing will move Trumps numbers, up or down, except another 9-11, in which case he will be a hero like Bush, guaranteed. You want to run a democracy with such an electorate?

2 Likes

Please don’t give Trump any ideas.

9 Likes

I don’t even think that would do it, he is so hated by those of us in the majority.

ETA: Perhaps he could die, and let’s see what that does to his numbers.

20 Likes

I was already calm. We won on heatlhcare,immigration,taxes,budget spending and trade in 2018 and nothing has changed.

18 Likes

I’d still hate him

23 Likes

Fairly or not (I have no interest in arguing that point), in 2001 GWB enjoyed at least the presumption of regularity and good-faith attempts at governance. If something catastrophic happened tomorrow, somewhere between 40% and 60% of Americans would conclude that Donald Trump was asleep at the wheel and blame him for it, almost without regard for whether that’s an accurate assessment.

13 Likes

I have always been an optimist

19 Likes

The only thing that has changed is that the moron is going after healthcare now. Stupid is as stupid does. :wink:

16 Likes

“I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and dismember a guy with a bone saw, and not lose a single vote!”

38 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available