Discussion: Poll: Trump's Numbers Haven't Improved Since Mueller Ended Investigation

The good news from this poll and the Q-poll showing that around 90% want the full Mueller Report released is that no one outside of the NYT, CNN, FOX is buying the Barr Report. In fact, I’d argue that the Barr Report is starting to backfire badly on Trump.

The Barr Report acknowledges that the POTUS may have committed a federal crime. Half of Americans believe he did so. The Barr Report also confirms that Russia did attack the US and hacked the DNC. That hamstrings the entire Trump foreign policy approach, which is to kowtow to Putin. It makes Trump look like a servant of Putin if he continues to deny the attack happened or if he continues to give Putin whatever he wants.

As of today, both Trump and Giuliani have had to face down questions as to why Mueller did not clear Trump of obstruction. The idea that the POTUS committed a federal crime while in office has now entered the nation’s consciousness. On top of that, these stupid f***ers are trying to eliminate the ACA through the Kavanaugh court. So we have a POTUS who has essentially been proven to be a crook in the court of public opinion who wants to take your health care and let you die. Yeah, that’s a winning ticket!

At this point, the GOP may need the report to be released so that the obstruction can be put in context and so that the collusion part can be blamed on a few bad actors rather than Trump. As it sits out there, it looks like Trump committed multiple crimes and just got off on a technicality, kinda like Jussie Smollet!

47 Likes

I’m calm too. The zen of Alfred E Neuman has set in. The cult won’t budge until their Lord and Saviour completes the destruction. We need to reset to year zero (h/t: the Kmer Rouge.) Let’s get on with it.

11 Likes

These numbers are consistent with the FiveThirtyEight ones as well. Nor did Trump suffer from the government shutdown - very briefly slid into the high thirties only to bounce back at 42%.

11 Likes

He never really stopped imo.

5 Likes

You are probably right but now he has put it out there for the whole country to see. Squirm, Republicans, squirm. Pelosi is going to “paint their back porch red”.

11 Likes

and this week keeps getting better…

13 Likes

Too soon. This is why Trump, Barr and the entire corrupt cabal are going to drag their feet and give it "weeks: before handing over a heavily redacted, meaningless “version” of the Mueller report. They want enough time to go by for the narrative that Barr pushed in his 4 pages of bullshit to metastasize and calcify and become the “new normal” for everyone, particularly the MSM. This is particularly true because the GOP has yet again cowed the MSM and gotten them to be apologetic for ever doubting the GOP or its chosen god-kings (whereas, in contrast, the MSM NEVER apologizes to Dems EVER). A couple of weeks of that mentality sinking in will have the MSM defending the Trump narrative against any information in the Mueller report that challenges it or impugns his good name, cautioning everyone to exercise all due deference and skepticism with respect to anything that might seem negative towards the god-king. By the time we get the little we get, they’re hoping Trump will be above 50% and the MSM will be his obsequious bitch.

3 Likes

He didn’t stop being the worst President in American history just because he got one good report card from his handpicked Attorney General.

32 Likes

“You can fool all the people some of the time,and some of the people all of the time, but you can fool every fucking Trump supporter all the time.”

14 Likes

There is a nuance to big lies, they ain’t doing it.

So this may actually backfire. People do not like winners who rub everyone’s noses in it. And the seeming celebration and attack modes keeps reinforcing the idea they had reasons to be concerned.

In lieu of vindication, they actually see it as missing a bullet. So what bullet(s) were they worried about hmm.

14 Likes

12 Likes

kelaine29m
ETA: Perhaps he could die, and let’s see what that does to his numbers

I’d still hate him

I probably would too, but I’m willing to see how it goes. LOL.

20 Likes

I really, really, really needed to hear that.

26 Likes

and @kelaine -

I love you both! hahahahahaha

7 Likes

But perhaps just enough will understand that staying home and not voting is a really, really bad option.

7 Likes

Unless they are his voters. They are welcome to stay home.

9 Likes

That’s still disturbing. We live amongst those people.

5 Likes

I am making the assumption that his voters came out and voted for him. I think it is those who decided that they would get Hillary and “keep their hands clean” (so to speak) so that they could end up with the better option and still complain about her at the same time that cost us the election.

7 Likes

I realize that, but I didn’t think it hurt to throw that out there just the same-y. :smile:

2 Likes

OT but since we can’t comment on Editorial posts:
The Daily Beast article on Obama…anyone read The Daily Beast and wonder about them sometimes? I do.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available