Discussion: Poll Shows ‘Troubling Trail Of New Lows’ For Trump

True but he won’t be building his wall, he can’t throw HRC in jail and the ACA is here to stay. Even his GOP congress is visibly working around him and there isn’t an ounce of good news, or even credible spin, coming out of the WH.

Once it becomes socially acceptable in the RWNJ fringe to cry “he done lied to us!”, his numbers will fall even further and that day is coming.

17 Likes

Shadow state department since they won’t staff the real one?

Too many confirmation hearings they couldn’t win?

6 Likes

Nope. Once the TAX CUTS for the .01% get passed and signed into law, then they can start turning on him. Not one second before that.

3 Likes

It’s probably the least important figure in the poll. Given the very strong negative assessments made, this is a throwaway, a way for someone who would like to have a better opinion of Trump (like those who voted for him, but have moved away) to throw a bone.

8 Likes

I can’t state this as fact, because I’m unfamiliar with the method & means by which the poll was conducted - nor what degree of fact checking is employed; however, I imagine that this number could result from one or more of the following:

• conservatives trolling as democrats,
  • people who are registered as democrat but got hypnotoaded by Fox News (see: Typically older people who move to Florida),
  • technical failure at some point in the data collection process (mis-entry or voice-transcription failure; etc.)
8 Likes

We have a tremendous climb to overcome the gerrymandering that’s been done over the past 20 years, especially what was done after the 2010 census when all the 'baggers swept into state houses because Dems didn’t bother to vote.

15 Likes

Trump: “But it’s like 95% in . . . WYOMING!”

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the most accurate replacement would be an overfull, overflowing Porta-Potty like you occasionally see at a camping music festival…but then you also have to light it on fire to complete the analogy.

7 Likes

Just wait until the stock market pulls back (it will happen and soon). Then the real bottom will fall out.

4 Likes

Saint Bernie.

6 Likes

I suspect most of them are merely hard of hearing or were trying to take a cell phone call when the question was asked.

7 Likes

Bannon and Gorky want to decertify, Tillerson’s squishy. It’s a race to see who talks to the fool immediately before the October deadline. You figure it out.

@katscherger I see so many Bernie stickers around town. I want to smack these people.

This would be comparable to walking through the doors at the AA meeting or the the drug treatment clinic. It’d be admitting there’s an abusive relationship with a toxic substance.

12 Likes

These guys will be getting restless I’m sure

13 Likes

A lot of Trump voters in West Virginia are legacy Democrats that continue to register as Democrats out of tradition and force of habit and call themselves Democrats and even vote for Democrats in local elections even though they vote for Republicans in Presidential ones.

7 Likes

Well, if you catch one, please smack him or her for me, also.

12 Likes

I wonder what the status of this is now that Kelly is on the scene? According to the article you posted, the “team” includes some RWNJ NSA types on the Iran beat, plus Bannon and Gorka. So it sounds like a certainty they will decertify. I assume their methodology is “Decide to decertify; then draft arguments to decertify; then look at evidence that supports decertification; no need to look at all the evidence.”

9 Likes

On the SW side of Chicago there are tons of Union democrats who hated HRC. Mt. Greenwood, a neighborhood near me (which is dead flat, by the way), went 70% for Trump. It’s full of coppers, firemen, and city workers who hate the city and so live as far away from downtown as possible. (You are supposed to live in Chicago if you have a city job. That’s the rule, anyway.)

10 Likes

Quinnipiac often is, and was in this poll, a little bit of an outlier on the low side for Trumpp approval. However, they are not far off, and several other polls have Trumpp at or very near new lows. Even Trumpp-friendly Rasmussen has him below 40% for the first time.

Rasmussen forces respondents to choose approve or disapprove, so its results have a few extra percentage points on each side. Disapproval is 62% in their most recent poll. That’s getting close to veto-proof.

10 Likes

And how much of this had to do with HRC’s gender?

12 Likes

I fear a real crisis, not these minor ones of his own making.

8 Likes