Discussion: Political Newcomer Ousts US Rep. Huelskamp In Kansas GOP Primary

Not bad…but what the heck is with all the OB/GYN’s that run for Clowngress?!? :confused:

4 Likes

Half-truths and smears were spread by billionaires that bought a seat

Scalia/SCOTUS: We ruled it as free speech.

4 Likes

Excellent news! Huelskamp was one of the worst of the tea partiers. Good riddance. If only Kansas had turned out its governor in the last election…

8 Likes

And what is his OBGYN background stance on reproductive choice? There are some medical schools now that won’t even teach the medical students how to do an abortion which is a violation, to me, of Roe v Wade law. Know it sounds off topic, but I always look at their pro choice record.

3 Likes

“Marshall, from the central Kansas community of Great Bend, received endorsements from the Kansas Farm Bureau, Kansas Livestock Association, National Association of Wheat Growers, and U.S. Chamber of Commerce.”

There has been talk that the GOP’s institutional backers have come to see that their litmus test for backing candidates – eagerness to run a jihad and against taxes and regulations – has produced a generation of unproductive know-nothings.

if we have to have Republicans at least let them be informed, moderate, and willing to compromise.

8 Likes

Maybe Little Timmy can sell his blood plasma to make ends meet while he’s waiting on the next Department of Agriculture subsidy check.

Who better to return the focus to basic farming policy?

5 Likes

Republicans are all for “small government” but when someone takes takes them to their word they freak out, They are all for government spending as long as is their districts.

It’s no coincidence that besides the Kansas moocher farmers the loudest “small government” louts, are cops, prison guards and people working for the defense contractors.

4 Likes

This x1000. He also was very vocal in pushing the GOTP philosophy in the huge agricultural areas of KS, so maybe that rhetoric will diminish out there on the Plains now.

2 Likes

Is there a more effed up state in America than KS? Disastrous governor, legislators, fiscal policies,balance sheet…maybe people are starting to take their choices more seriously.

1 Like

We may be lucky to settle for sane. I am expecting to find that this man is very similar on the issues except agriculture.

2 Likes

Even five or so years ago, still under Sibelius, it was long a well run state in most respects. It takes the rank and file, especially those living in isolated towns and farms and hammered with Koch rhetoric, a fair amount of time to process what’s been happening and to do something about the current slow train wreck. I’m thinking with this defeat that maybe they really are waking up.

4 Likes

Thanks, OBAMA.

4 Likes

They have just started recovering. They dumped the state Senate majority leader and replaced him with a supporter of public schools.

1 Like

Remember when Real America was a thing? Maybe now we’re seeing a backlash from Serious America, the Chamber of Commerce type folks who may be conservative in their leanings but would prefer not to be governed in a comprehensively disastrous way.

3 Likes

Why is there no dem competing here?

1 Like

Here is an interesting article on this development from The Atlantic: A Tea Party Defeat in Kansas

2 Likes

Are you sure about the medical school claim? An ‘abortion’ is a procedure that they use for more than ending a life. I’d be surprised that they aren’t teaching it…maybe not calling it an ‘abortion’ but a D&C or other names.

1 Like

Nice…he was a maniac but still…C’mon Kansas. Get your acts together!