Discussion: People Mag: Trump's Attacks On Our Reporter Are 'Disgusting' And 'Pathetic'

“We are grateful to Natasha Stoynoff for telling her story. Ms. Stoynoff is a remarkable, ethical, honest and patriotic woman, and she has shared her story of being physically attacked by Donald Trump in 2005 because she felt it was her duty to make the public aware,” People editor Jess Cagle wrote.

“To assign any other motive is a disgusting, pathetic attempt to victimize her again,” she continued. “We stand steadfastly by her, and are proud to publish her clear, credible account of what happened.”

Damn. My respect for People Magazine just grew 100 times today.

Who said Trump couldn’t bring us together?

30 Likes

I have not read People Magazine for years, but when I did, I found it to be fairly mainstream. Trump is devolving into a tighter circle of fantasy.

11 Likes

“a disgusting, pathetic attempt to victimize her again,”

That’s what predators do.

25 Likes

“It is heartbreaking that her fear of retaliation by Trump kept her from reporting the incident when it happened."

Yes, it is. Like all the other women who are now coming forward, she was too scared of his wealth and power to say anything.

Now, however, the more HO attacks these women the more of them will come out of the shadows and shine the spotlight on this despicable cracker cockroach.

10 Likes

Yes, yes they are. He’s a caged animal (with all due respect to decent animals) who has been backed into a corner and is lashing out. I will enjoy watching him go down in flames next month, if not before. Add “sexist pig” to all the other names I could call him. Deplorable? No, beneath contempt.

10 Likes

Upbraided by People Magazine. That must be what it feels like to be pummeled with a bag of cotton candy.

9 Likes

Just wait until the TV Guide exposé hits the racks. (No pun intended.)

6 Likes

Don’t think I’ve ever read People–except two or three times while waiting for a tooth extraction or root canal. But they’re not political and speak mostly to women interested in the emptiness of celebrity culture. Getting in a spat with People will never pay dividends to this low-life garbage. The more he attacks, the worse it will be for him in the voting booths and in his businesses.

11 Likes

Glad to see People Magazine not only sticking by their reporter but defending her and correctly labeling Trump dangerous garbage.

12 Likes

You have to give credit to the vast international conspiracy against The Donald, though: who could have foreseen People magazine as a vehicle for attacks against him, but there they are, in lockstep with the Times and Hillary and the international bankers. Amazing!

22 Likes

“I’m with her” is becoming more apropos every day this campaign season.

And “her” refers not just to Hillary, but, at this point, all women. And I don’t mean that in a paternalistic sense, ala Paul Ryan.

13 Likes

I keep wondering how long it will be before Drumpf says “I’ve never even heard of People magazine.”

Followed up, of course, by Dense and the rest of HO’s minions saying, “He never said that.”

8 Likes

How many ways on how many days can we say the same thing? The man is an absolute pig.

9 Likes

TRANSLATION:

“I didn’t do it! It’s disgusting to accuse me of it! And I wouldn’t fuck her anyway, because she’s not even fuckable!”

Smfh…

6 Likes

I suspect his polls are about as low as they can go. His supporters don’t care that he is an abuser.

6 Likes

The key is HRC’s rising likability as a means of weaning voters away from Johnson and Stein. A popular vote of HRC in the mid-50s to Trump’s high 30s will be a blowout.

8 Likes

This was a great statement by People Magazine. Trump took us into an even darker place with this speech today, but Michelle Obama and now People Magazine have provided a great response.

5 Likes

“To assign any other motive is a disgusting, pathetic attempt to victimize her again,” she continued. “We stand steadfastly by her, and are proud to publish her clear, credible account of what happened.”

Jess Cagle is a guy. Just thought I’d point out. Otherwise, great work.

3 Likes

Just finished a shift of voter registration and listened to Michelle Obama’s speech. She did a great job expressing the risk of voting third party and the corresponding importance of voting for HRC.

8 Likes