Discussion: Pelosi: Trump Is 'Making An End Run Around Congress' With Emergency Declaration

1 Like

Well let’s see what Grandma Pelosi can do now.

1 Like

She wastes no time in getting the right things said.

25 Likes

This is going to be interesting…

4 Likes

I can imagine the NRA will not be amused when a future Democratic President declares a gun violence emergency.

21 Likes

2 Likes

Like anyone believes a Democratic president would have the balls to try something like that over gun control. Please. They wouldn’t have the balls to do it if the actual, immediate survival of the nation were at stake. Nor would the media even pretend it’s acceptable to do.

1 Like

Let the lawsuits begin!

8 Likes

It’s the first time Donald Trump has run in at least thirty years.

2 Likes

I hope Speaker Pelosi is wearing particularly stylish and pointy shoes when she kicks the president in the groin over this - not even a mushroom shaped phallus will save you, Donald . . . .

3 Likes

This is not a laughing matter And I do not like her response. This is not just some wishy washy move that is to be dismissed by saying Democrats will do it too. WTF is there no law?

5 Likes

And which story do you think will lead on tonight’s news?

It won’t be this one. Because it doesn’t fit the narrative.

1 Like

Pre-Trump I may have agreed. But he’s certainly created a more ballsy crop of Democrats. I hope that’s his final legacy. Other than being the first president dragged out of the Whitehouse in handcuffs.

21 Likes

She’s playing the game, jtx.

She doesn’t tip her hand, the way the GOP does.

5 Likes

The Constitution clearly states how fund’s will be allocated and appropriated - and trump does not have the authority to change that.

Add this to the list of impeachable offenses by trump, and since McConnell supports this move, add this to his list too.

6 Likes

I’m not surprised…Sparky thinks this will be a winning campaign issue and drag Democrats off topic in 2020.

Will this now go all the way to the Supreme court? Or will tRump be allowed to create his dictatorship.

So much wining at such a cost to America.

sad.

2 Likes

Yet one more opportunity for Trump to lose and demonstrate his complete cluelessness, arrogance and disdain for the law and our democratic institutions.

7 Likes

And a climate change emergency!

5 Likes

How can Mueller’s investigation be wrapping up soon when Trump won’t stop doing stupid stuff like this?

4 Likes

Trump is trying an end run around Congress’ most basic duty and the rule of law. The time for Pelosi to start playing her hand was yesterday.

1 Like