Discussion: Paul Ryan To Tea Party, 2016 GOPers: We Can't Be 'Angry Reactionaries'

Discussion for article #245491

1 Like

“We need to show how our principles and policies are universal and how they apply to everybody."

New vistas of hatred beckon!!

16 Likes

Fox: Ayn Rand was closet liberal.

11 Likes
We can’t fall into the progressives’ trap of acting like angry reactionaries.

It’s not a progressive trap, it’s a hole your colleagues have been digging for years and you fell into it.

Don’t blame us bucko.

40 Likes

We know that the economy is weak. We know that the world is on fire. We know that the future is uncertain. There’s a lot of frustration and anger out there. And is it justified? It sure is.

Frustration and anger are only justified if you’re an angry reactionary. Congratulations, Mr. Speaker, you’ve just refuted your own argument.

The future is always uncertain: deal with it, don’t yell at clouds.

The world is on fire? Then why aren’t you manning the bucket brigade?

The economy is weak? Then get behind policies that will strengthen it: don’t promise everyone magical trickle-down ponies.

41 Likes

Please make my job easier. I need more family time. OK?

7 Likes

"“We win when we have an ideas contest. "

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Really??? OK, let’s hear your “ideas”…such as, oh, I dunno, what would you replace Obamacare with?

crickets

Or wait…let’s hear one you do have answers for: How do we solve the problem with ISIS? Carpet bomb the entire area back into “bible times”? Ban Muslims entering the US? Force Muslims in the US to register themselves? Hmmmm?

There are two types of issues in this world: Those for which the GOP/Teatrolls have no ideas or solutions and those for which the GOP/Teatrolls have bad “ideas” and terrible, self-serving, plutocratic “solutions.” It’s that fucking simple.

So please proceed, Plutocrat Pauly, and encourage the GOP/Teatrolls to share as many of their “ideas” as possible. I JUST LOVE A TARGET RICH ENVIRONMENT.

25 Likes

"We can’t fall into the progressives’ trap of acting like angry reactionaries.”

C’mon, Paul, think positive! Sure you can do that. In fact, I think you already have done it.

“We can’t promise that we can repeal Obamacare when a guy with the last name Obama is president."

There ya go! You already did that, too!

3 Likes

Words failed me when I saw that line. I couldn’t decide whether to laugh or cry.

17 Likes

Laugh. It makes it easier to cope haha

8 Likes

Paul Ryan:

We lose when we have a personality contest. We can’t fall into the progressives’ trap of acting like angry reactionaries.

Shorter Paul Ryan to Conservatives:

Don’t be yourself.

As for the crack about progressives, well, projection is not just a booth in a theater.

13 Likes

In another wacky episode, Eddie tried to tell Grandpa to be less creepy, and Herman to be less goofy.

12 Likes

Wonder how his meeting with Obama went?

“Well, Eddie,…erm…Paul, how’s that angry, white privilege, demographic working out for you?”

12 Likes

4 Likes

"But we should not follow the Democrats and play identity politics.”

Which statement is, of course, in and of itself, playing identity politics.

17 Likes

Brah takes one more step down the Boner Road.

(Don’t get excited Miz Linz, it’s not what you think)

1 Like

"“We need to show how our principles and policies are universal and how they apply to everybody."ASTERISK

• Except Muslims, fags, negroes, cantaloupe-calved rapist drug-runner Messicans, the poor, inner cities, “elitist” northeasterners and west coasters, scientists, academics, anyone else who might be brown-ish, non-Christians, the elderly, the retired, the disabled, the sick, the unemployed, etc. etc. etc.
21 Likes

“Progressives’ trap”? “Acting like” angry reactionaries? C’mon, man!

1 Like

I think his abs are too tight…

6 Likes

Honestly, I’d have more respect for him if he’d said, “You fucked up. You trusted us.”

6 Likes