Discussion: Paul Ryan Issues Warning Shot: He 'Will Not Tolerate' Another Dem Sit-In

Shut those sit-ins down, Ryan! It’s only the First Amendment. We’ve got your back on this.
#IWillBeatThemOverTheHeadWithMyTinyCopyOfTheConstitution

15 Likes

Did Paul say this in a new video’s fuzzy-filtered medium close-up as an orchestra of lush strings played background at tax-payer expense?

8 Likes

Next time he’ll call the Koch brothers and ask what he should do. What a putz this guy is!

4 Likes

“House Speaker Paul Ryan said he “will not tolerate” another sit in on the floor of the House of Representatives…” The mass shootings, however, may continue unabated.

77 Likes

Ryan did not explicitly detail how a Democratic sit-in would be different next time around.

Ryan and his fucking "magic asterixes"™ again.

4 Likes

Like his predecessor Ryan has lost control of the house. Perhaps he can learn what governance is like rather than a House dictatorship. His lack of tolerance is amazing in a democracy. .

4 Likes

C’mon Zombie Eyes! Show em’ what your party is really made of! Bring in the dogs and fire hoses and the memories of a true Republican America to display to those who have forgotten the images of the ‘American Dream’ the Republicans would like to reestablish!

Why, your Rethug colleagues would cheer you and call you “Bull” Ryan in honor of your tactics:

31 Likes

What Paul WILL tolerate in the House

Late night votes to try and override a veto of GOP efforts to remove requirements that financial advisors tell clients whether they are acting in their own interest or the client’s.

Zika funding that provides half what experts say is needed and then try and gut the whole thing by adding provisions cutting funding to Planned parenthood

Measures that gut Department of Defense funding to study and act upon the immediate and long term effects of global warming.

Gutting a proposed Medicare study on whether generic chemotherapy drugs are an effective substitute that could save billions in federal spending.

Adjourning until after the 4th

Adjourning until after election day.

Anything else is simply too much to deal with.

53 Likes

Yay Paul! You’ll slap them down just like you showed the Freedom Caucus who’s the boss!

. . . what?

17 Likes

“Cut it out or I will turn this House around!”

11 Likes

Is Princess Elsa Paul Ryan getting a lot done already?

10 Likes

Maybe I’m wrong, but I believe Congressmen are immune from arrest when within the House or Senate chambers.

5 Likes

“Democrats most recently took to the floor to demand a vote on gun
legislation, but a separate push for an amendment on appropriations
bills… also had upended Ryan’s plans and forced him to restrict House
rules.”

“Forced”? How about “allowed”?

3 Likes

There will be foot stomping involved as well holding his breath.

22 Likes

“Or whadya gonna do daddy?”… I think I’m starting to see where this Paul Ryan character is coming from now.

2 Likes

Yep. That’s the Paul we know.

2 Likes

Silencing the voice of the minority or unrepresented…It’s the GOP way. One more reason for them to lose the senate AND the house…they deserve it.

7 Likes

Every time I hear Ryan trying to talk tough,it brings to mind the vision of Joe Biden cleaning his clock in the VP debate.

20 Likes

Crazy talk, I tell you!

11 Likes

“Asterisks.”

“Asterix” is a comic book character.

Thought you’d want to know;.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available