Discussion: Party Poopers! GOP Senators Are Skipping Trump's Convention In Droves

1 Like

44 Likes

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ), who was personally attacked by Trump during a meeting with senators near Capitol Hill last week, announced he had some important household chores to attend to. “I’ve got to mow my lawn," Flake told the Associated Press.

LOL

34 Likes

Sen. Flake is from Snowflake, Az (you can’t make stuff like this up). That town doesn’t have what folks would generally think of as lawns. More like cactus and desert shrubbery.

19 Likes

The rats can’t flee the sinking ship fast enough.

17 Likes

Why only 12 have refused the trump show? I’d love it if the convention as a unified chant would yell… “YER FIRED!!!” And point several hundred fingers at him

10 Likes

Whoa if true! That means he’s lying! :smile: Man, there’s nothing like watching as the starting lineup on the other team openly expresses contempt for their quarterback. 

21 Likes

The GOP is like a football team refusing to take the field while the quarterback stabs and beats up the coach… i think i read that somewhere on TPM.

11 Likes

Who would want to miss 12 hours of Drumpf-drone every day?

7 Likes

There are a number of GOPer senators on the “not attending” list that are underwater on their reelect numbers but at least two on the “attending” list are in the same predicament. Portman of OH should know better (obviously not) than to couple himself with Drumpf but Grassley is too hard-headed (and dumb) to realize he’s in trouble.

16 Likes

Who would want to miss 12 hours of Drumpf-drone every day?

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott for one. He’s so determined to miss it he attempted (and failed at) self-immolation.

11 Likes

Senator Sasse needs to be very careful. It’s a good thing he said ‘frontrunners’ - plural, because after he supported the gun safety filibuster, I’m sure Roger Ailes is looking for a way to fire him.

7 Likes

Could it possibly be that Flake intended the comment ironically? Naaah. He’s a Republican.

4 Likes

At this point, the “convention” is going to be Drumpf berating an empty chair.

Would the last person to leave the TrumpPublican Party please shut off the lights?

12 Likes

Vitter is still checking to see if there will be Cleveland prostitutes available.

7 Likes

Why would they shut off the lights? They are only conservative in name not by nature.

7 Likes

All aboard the USS Trumptanic!

Republicans: “Noooooooooooooooo’!..RUN!”

12 Likes

"Sen. Sasse will not be attending the convention and will instead take his kids to watch some dumpster fires across the state, all of which enjoy more popularity than the current front-runners,”

Oh those wingnut “family values” lol

8 Likes

Will CNN get their banner above the stage or on the podium?

5 Likes

It annoys me to no end that it’s “both sides”, and yet only one side is treating their convention invite like a cocktail party with Bill Cosby as celebrity bartender.

24 Likes