Discussion: Once Again, Democrats Are Betting All Their Chips On Bob Mueller

Reading from the same script. We’re doomed!

3 Likes

For the win!

3 Likes

Well we’re doomed to suffer controversy. As Adam Serwer posted yesterday, this approach emphasis the effectiveness of the message and not the facts. I am almost certain that congressional democrats are not “betting all their chips on Mueller”. We’ll have to see how this plays out.

5 Likes

Not at all, just because there are problems that we have to go to court to get anyone to testify doesn’t mean that the court battles haven’t started, and will continue.

5 Likes

Yea reading the report I am left with thought that he didnt pursue Trump. It was oh well I dont know then relies on Trump’s Statements to solve his problem without even interviewing him. I think he came to the conclusion he wanted.

3 Likes

The one big thing is that Trump is not loyal to the United States.

But, once again, Trump beats us to the punch. Apparently, he’s tweeting that the FBI is guilty of TREASON. We will assure ourselves that this shows how scared and desperate he is. In reality, he’s inoculating himself from the charge.

He knows how this game is played.

4 Likes

What I really don’t get is this: Why doesn’t he want to set the record straight (within the parameters of required secrecy) and say explicitly that the report does not exonerate the prez for either crime?

I’m sure he could explain it in plain English that even trump could understand. The country is at risk, and surely he knows that. His “friend” Barr is lawless and bulletproof, but all of us have the right to clarity rather than spin.

1 Like

Nixon did not have Fox News.

5 Likes

Do you think Fux would’ve been able to change anything about the affect of the tapes coming out and John Dean’s testimony?

Also, just like tRump’s “base” I think Fux’s influence is over-stated. Only 23% of the total voting public support tRump and my bet is that’s about the same number that believe Fux.

are people forgetting that MUELLER& BARR are both REPUBLICANS??? neither man was elected to office; they don’t have to answer to constituents, as long as TRUMPf etal, is pleased with their performance…all is well…unless the DEMs spines suddenly stiffen up…we are screwed.

2 Likes

this has nothing to do with the current topic…when the ad for membership in TPM comes on my screen and I politely decline, I am immediately bombarded with adveritizing… If I had been considering joining up…this method of persuasion has completely turned me off………I come on here for the comments on the topics and I have learned from the people making those comments. thank you all.

1 Like

By heaping huge tax cuts on the corporations and their corporate ownership as well as gutting net neutrality.

Not to mention frivolous wars to cover, and a president that provides stories for the media to simply retweet.

But the effect is the same…

2 Likes

If they controlled the hive mind of Republican primary voters as they do now, Nixon would have had no worry about conviction in the Senate because Republicans fear their primary more than their general elections.

So, in answer to your question, Yes, very much so.

3 Likes

Their bias is to keep politics close.

If it is a runaway, it is boring.

Media wants flash and controversy. So for now that means they want Trump.

They want him now, they want him for reelection, they want his Iran war, they want his fight with NK, they will finally want his Impeachment toward the end to bleed the last bit of controversy they can get.

1 Like

Scheduling a vote on the floor of the House and holding Trump admin officials in contempt of Congress is a superpower? Imposing fines on those held in contempt is a super power? Withholding funds for the DOJ is a superpower? Who knew. No wonder Pelosi and the House Dems can’t do anything. They don’t have superpowers.

As for the Dems not know how to work the media, it isn’t the media’s job to do the Dems work for them. If Dems don’t use their powers like holding people in contempt or starting impeachment proceedings then the media won’t do that for them. Pelosi seems to think that it is Rachel Maddow’s job to start impeachment proceedings.

1 Like

Well Gen Flynn’s shit just kicked things up a bit and no, I don’t believe Dems in congress are betting all their chips on Bob Mueller. Come on, there is so much more to this than just that.

Oh, the New York Times…well there ya have it. Simplistic bullshit.

2 Likes

The Special Prosecutor statute was repealed.
There is no legal way to do this.

2 Likes

I’m hoping we aren’t putting all our eggs in one basket - that basket appeared to have a hole in it last time…

Man, I should have proofed that before I hit “reply.”

Barr is a partisan hack.

Mueller has a stellar 40-year reputation for impartiality.

No sane person would draw any similarities between the two men.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available