Discussion: Once Again, Democrats Are Betting All Their Chips On Bob Mueller

Mueller’s got a very mystical celebrity quality.
He must have a pretty good idea of what any one of The Beatles felt like in their heyday… EVERYONE stares when they are in public.
When he walks around in public view, it must be quite a sight as the crowds around recognize him.

All true but I’m disappointed in his inability to make a hard decision, knowing what was at stake. And to let Barr diminish him and his team and the historical importance of the Mueller Report is embarrassing and defeating.
Will he step up and do the right thing and testify, and say what everyone knows? On a personal level, I was bailed out by Marines more than once in Vietnam.

As far as the Beatles reference, what we’re desperate to hear and what we are hearing right now, George Harrison said it best:

6 Likes

MEMO TO DEMOCRATIC HOUSE MEMBERS: BOB MUELLER WILL NOT SAVE YOU!

He is a member of the Republican establishment and has never shown any willingness to do anything to advance your agenda. He has not been screaming from the ramparts (as dozens of establishment Republicans were doing by the Spring of 1974) and was a member of a Trump golf club. If this is the best you got, we are in deep trouble.,

Here’s a thought: start writing and passing electoral protection, health, environmental, education, and consumer protection legislation and send it to the Senate. Get what you can passed, and show the rest of the country why and how Republican leadership is making the country stupider and killing it.

14 Likes

First, the House should be plenty. The Senate won’t convict. Period. There’s no use even imagining a scenario where Trump is convicted.

And, they can just cold start impeachment. Now that they’ve floundered about and have lost the narrative, impeachment will be spun as desperation. Will credible evidence of obstruction make the blood of Americans boil with rage? Nope. He does it all the time. No one cares but us and some NeverTrumper institutionalists. Obstruction will only matter if it’s a piece of a larger, more damning narrative.

There is one message that the Dems should have been pounding since before the report even came out: Trump is disloyal to the United States. If the Dems won’t lead with that, they should put this all on the back burner, run on the issues in 2020, and work like hell to get out the vote and fight voter suppression.

8 Likes

I do hope she realizes that she needs to say the words…

“We are moving forward with an Impeachment inquiry”

…Before Trump bombs Iran and starts a war. The media will eat up “You can’t challenge the legitimacy of the President during wartime”

I guess Putin may actually save us from Bolton’s desires if he isn’t looking to see the US, Russia’s main rival, fighting a war with a Russin ally.

2 Likes

Mueller has yet to live up to the hype that Democrats have heaped on him. It is entirely possible that all the stalling on his testimony is just a ploy for tRump to run out the clock. If Mueller was the patriot that the Democrats painted him as, it is past time for him to step up and testify. Should the GOP try to block him, it’s time for him to quit the DOJ and testify as a private citizen. In my book the jury is still out on Mueller… I hope he does the right thing, but I don’t see how we can count on it. The entire GOP is craven.

6 Likes

The fact that Mueller didn’t look into tRump’s finances and his continuing silence tells me all I need to know about what a “hero” he is and his complicity in the cover-up.

The investigation has been a Republican op from the top down. So far everyone has sold their reputation for Agent Orange. The only thing that explains it to me is that they’re all compromised.

The House has a starting point at least and a legitimate reason to launch their own investigations. I think they stand a fairly good chance if they do this right so it will be accepted by the public.

3 Likes

We need to stop complaining without purpose that the media has an anti-Dem bias. The GOP knows how to play the media. We don’t. That’s not the same as bias.

4 Likes

If I saw this zero in public, I’d yell at him “Speak, Bob! You OWE it to the American people to tell us what you know!”

If this guy was worth half the reputation he has, he’d have already spoken up, His silence is a-thunderous.

5 Likes

For me the part I don’t understand is how the WH and the GOP can prevent the House from seeing the unredacted report after all the House Democrats represent the majority of the voters who paid for the report.

3 Likes

Really? And what’re the next winning PowerBall numbers while you’re at it?

Look, we have no idea how things will shake out as that hinges on things that we don’t know yet. You have no idea what will happen once the evidence becomes public. The Senate will have to vote with public opinion or lose the next election.

Remember, Nixon looked unassailable until he wasn’t anymore. Also, three of the justices that voted he had to release the tapes were appointed by Nixon.

1 Like

Under what current law could they do this?

1 Like

Republican AG orders republican deputy AG to appoint and oversee republican Special Counsel to investigate republican president. What could possibly go wrong?

I’m just wondering exactly how stupid the Democratic leadership is at this point. Apparently there’s more bottom left to this well-of-wishful-thinking.

The fix was in from the beginning.

4 Likes

I agree with you - I was just pointing out that in terms of the media, those true witch hunts (Benghazi, etc.) were under a GOP Congress. But the media loves it’s “Dems flounder” banner, and it’s not going anywhere soon, sadly. Actually, I do think they have a “bias” in their zeal to show “impartiality,” they bend over backwards for the stupid redneck and what he “thinks” while never showcasing a young, urban voter.

7 Likes

The GOP pumped fake scandals because they have no substantive agenda. Dems have a positive agenda on a number of issues. Rather than focusing on running down every lead generated by Mueller, they should focus on that. Pick one big thing from the Mueller report, give a committee the lead to hammer that, but make the big focus passing bills that Dem candidates can run on in 2020. That way, presidential candidates get some grist for their ads while local candidates also get something they can use. As bad as Trump is, the Democrats also have to think about breaking the GOP stranglehold on local governments, from county reps to state legislatures and governors on up.

7 Likes

If Barr says “It’s Bob’s call,” we can rest assured he knows the Dems will get sweet F.A. from having him testify. Otherwise, even the increasingly bold Barr would say nothing and continue the obstruction behind the scenes.

2 Likes

Yeah, what’s with that ridiculous headline?

3 Likes

Green lanternism, Trump edition.

Why the Dems don’t do this more, I think could potentially come down to the difference in the electorates. Very simply… when you think of WWE wrestling fans, in your mind are they typically gonna be a bunch of college educated yoga moms, or redhat window lickers? The respective sides have to market their platforms to their customers, essentially.

I do not know that depending on Mueller is a good idea.

4 Likes

More quarterbacks than there are armchairs this morning.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available