Discussion: Once Again, Democrats Are Betting All Their Chips On Bob Mueller

This is bullshit. First, people don’t realize there is NOT ONE SINGLE COURT ORDER yet in the hands of the Democrats. But that process is moving along at a pretty good clip. But there is a fucking process. And if they skip a step in the process, they risk having to start from scratch on any one investigation point.

I get the feeling those complaining the loudest are part of a generation used to immediate gratification. They want their pony now!

3 Likes

It’s Mueller’s play.

He must quit the DOJ, go on to testify in front of Congress, and refute the ridiculous claims of executive privilege which do not apply in this case for multiple reasons.

2 Likes

Like, reverse ageism?

I’m not sure it qualifies as an “ism.”

This headline is so presumptuous and misleading, it’s actually false.

Do better, TPM.

1 Like

The media responds to anything that will capture eyeballs. The GOP knows this. We don’t.

1 Like

Baloney. She is one of the only truly energizing people we have at the moment.

exactly.

We have time. Plenty of it…and, in a way, those saying that “the people will forget if this is drawn out” are talking about people “forgetting” about a Russian agent in the WH.

If THAT’S the reality then those people would be too stupid to follow something presented TONIGHT.

It’s great to have differing opinions, but trust me, they’re both just that, opinions.

N.B. AOC was dead last in the entire freshman class to set up a district office after running her campaign on how ill-served her constituents were by former Rep. Joe Crowley.:face_with_monocle:

Now THAT’S some baloney!

It’s not even been 5 months since the Democrats took over the House. Mueller’s redacted report was delivered less than 30 days ago to the House and public.

This will unfold and I predict the House will open an impeachment inquiry that will result in impeachment. If they do it right, the Senate Republicans won’t be able to avoid a very difficult vote.

2 Likes

The problem is that Trump and Barr have (obstructed justice) kept Trump’s misdeeds from public view and the mechanisms we have at our disposal are slow-moving.

I agree with you totally…and, too me, that is DIRECTLY RELATED TO TRUMP/BARR’S OBSTRUCTION.

1 Like

The goal is to slow this down, string it out. Already the effect has been beneficial to Trump. Imagine if just one of the 10 or so obstruction events in Vol II had been on the front page of the NYT in, say, December of last year? It would have been a blockbuster story. Trump/Barr are hiding behind the volume of evidence. That’s why they are so desperate to suppress things like this tape recording of John Dowd threatening Flynn because reading the words on paper is one thing, but hearing the tape is entirely different. It was the tapes that turned the tide for Nixon. The same thing will happen here.

1 Like

I agree. News stories and politics run on completely different time scales; news is now and gone where politics will ebb and flow over a longer period of time until there is a winner/loser/draw. Too many people want what THEY want, they want it NOW and with zero compromise. Mueller is being blasted by people that THINK they know him, the law, his politics et al when none of us do. He may have a huge impact if and when he appears, or not. You can’t convince me they have all of their bets only on Mueller. Pelosi, Schumer, Nadler, Cummings are the current leaders we have and none of them are perfect, but they have a whole lot more experience and knowledge about politics and the systems they work in than the vast majority of the armchair quarterbacks here. Discussion is great, but the harping and hand wringing gets old.

1 Like

harping and hand wringing does get old, and it is counter productive. I took the time yesterday to write to Nadler, Pelosi, and my local representative, Earl Blumenauer. That’s at least something. I had been of the view that hearings highlighting the evidence in the Mueller report will create an unavoidable clamor for impeachment hearings. Now I think its time to officially start them.

I’m not quite there yet. I think it is still a bit early when you look toward 2020; you don’t want to peak too early. I think we need to see how a couple of these court cases go because I think they are going to be fast tracked. Today was supposed to be a hearing on the military money for the wall. Next week will probably be the first ruling on Deuche Bank/Capital One. I think all of these will really start to ramp up the pressure on Donnie because public opinion will probably change. Then start the impeachment proceedings. While they are separate items, I think having a court ruling or two that is initially unfavorable to him would add even more credibility. Two Scoops could look like a dog chasing his tail.

Just posted this as off-topic on another thread, but seems more germaine here as it seems to support your thesis (with which I wholeheartedly agree) - Donnie’s Gallup approval rating just dropped 4% (from 46% to 42%) since the last poll. Hopefully, as things bake things get worse and worse for the Orange One and his minions and that this is a first sign that all the bad news is starting to stick…

1 Like

The Dems are like Republican voters who continue to vote against their own interests. Barr and Mueller are close friends, so does anyone outside the Dem leadership truly believe lifetime Republican, Mueller will do anything at all to undermine a Republican President.

This is my first peak into politics in weeks. For my own health and the health of my family, we all stopped watching the news or purposely seeking it out.

Things are only getting worse. There’s really nothing we can do to change the system nor the Dems who allegedly represent progressive policies. If Biden is the candidate, Trump wins.

The junior Senator from Vermont considers efforts to impeach Trump “a distraction”. Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris have come out decisively for impeachment hearings.have

So you think that percentage wins on a national scale?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available