Discussion: Once Again, Democrats Are Betting All Their Chips On Bob Mueller

Legally incorrect.

No, it looks like you’re deluding yourself into believing in the power of all the baseless armchair quarterbacking, divisive whining, layman lawyering and yelling into the vacuous abyss known as the internet. She’s moving steadily in the direction she always intended to move as the investigations progress and the lawlessness and constitutional crisis behavior mounts.

2 Likes

Remember when Chuck Schumer said this in 2016?

“For every blue-collar Democrat we lose in western Pennsylvania, we will pick up two moderate Republicans in the suburbs in Philadelphia, and you can repeat that in Ohio and Illinois and Wisconsin.”

Enough with this. We need new blood.

Yes.

@turdburgler

2 Likes

Barr is fine with Mueller testifying because he believes he can continue to block the release of the full, unredacted report. As long as that’s the status quo, Mueller won’t answer any questions about the redacted parts. Which means his testimony is far less valuable than it would be otherwise.

At least he might answer a few questions about the DOJ policy on indicting sitting Presidents. That’s about the only value I can see in his testimony at this point. It would be very different if the House had the full report, even if it would mean that some of the hearing with Mueller would have to be behind closed doors.

And if not, we can always keep clapping our hands and believing that Chuck and Nancy are playing eleventy-dimensional chess.

No matter if there is any evidence for it.

Like x 1,000. Thank you.

Stupid idea to bet on Mueller. He is not on the side of democrats considering he is a life long republican and an FBI institutional man.

2 Likes

This is bullshit. First, people don’t realize there is NOT ONE SINGLE COURT ORDER yet in the hands of the Democrats. But that process is moving along at a pretty good clip. But there is a fucking process. And if they skip a step in the process, they risk having to start from scratch on any one investigation point.

I get the feeling those complaining the loudest are part of a generation used to immediate gratification. They want their pony now!

3 Likes

It’s Mueller’s play.

He must quit the DOJ, go on to testify in front of Congress, and refute the ridiculous claims of executive privilege which do not apply in this case for multiple reasons.

2 Likes

Like, reverse ageism?

I’m not sure it qualifies as an “ism.”

This headline is so presumptuous and misleading, it’s actually false.

Do better, TPM.

1 Like

The media responds to anything that will capture eyeballs. The GOP knows this. We don’t.

1 Like

Baloney. She is one of the only truly energizing people we have at the moment.

exactly.

We have time. Plenty of it…and, in a way, those saying that “the people will forget if this is drawn out” are talking about people “forgetting” about a Russian agent in the WH.

If THAT’S the reality then those people would be too stupid to follow something presented TONIGHT.

It’s great to have differing opinions, but trust me, they’re both just that, opinions.

N.B. AOC was dead last in the entire freshman class to set up a district office after running her campaign on how ill-served her constituents were by former Rep. Joe Crowley.:face_with_monocle:

Now THAT’S some baloney!

It’s not even been 5 months since the Democrats took over the House. Mueller’s redacted report was delivered less than 30 days ago to the House and public.

This will unfold and I predict the House will open an impeachment inquiry that will result in impeachment. If they do it right, the Senate Republicans won’t be able to avoid a very difficult vote.

2 Likes

The problem is that Trump and Barr have (obstructed justice) kept Trump’s misdeeds from public view and the mechanisms we have at our disposal are slow-moving.

I agree with you totally…and, too me, that is DIRECTLY RELATED TO TRUMP/BARR’S OBSTRUCTION.

1 Like

The goal is to slow this down, string it out. Already the effect has been beneficial to Trump. Imagine if just one of the 10 or so obstruction events in Vol II had been on the front page of the NYT in, say, December of last year? It would have been a blockbuster story. Trump/Barr are hiding behind the volume of evidence. That’s why they are so desperate to suppress things like this tape recording of John Dowd threatening Flynn because reading the words on paper is one thing, but hearing the tape is entirely different. It was the tapes that turned the tide for Nixon. The same thing will happen here.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available