Discussion: Ohio GOP Revives Abortion 'Heartbeat Bill' After Ex-Gov. Kasich Vetoed It Twice

2 Likes

Not sure why the GOP is so hostile to abortion.

They’ve always supported it from the fourth trimester on…

20 Likes

I thought this was freaking settled in the effing 1970s.

And just for the hell of it, here’s a good article from CNN from last week or so:

13 Likes

Thank the stars Ohio doesn’t have a brainwave bill. The GOP would be toast…

6 Likes

Maybe the sponsors’ daughters or, probably more precisely, granddaughters will get pregnant out of wedlock. For some reason, they all see the light when it happens to them.

2 Likes

they are perfectly ok with this, however

15 Likes

I disagree. What the sponsors see is a round trip ticket to a State (such as mine) to get rid of the problem. If no one finds out about it, great. You gotta keep the rubes fleeced somehow while maintaining the “message”. If they do find out about it, they fall on their knees and beg forgiveness from Jesus.

7 Likes

That picture makes me want to sob from sadness.

9 Likes

Here is a heart wrenching and compelling compilation of personal stories. Well worth the read for people who want to understand the medical and emotional decisions that some parents were faced to make…

4 Likes

just another day in america

state of the union speech quote: We must build a culture that cherishes the dignity and sanctity of innocent human life."

4 Likes

To which I say: You lie.

4 Likes

if only the media had bothered to say the same thing

3 Likes

Just don’t call them cages.

Some people don’t know a chain-link dormitory wall when they see one.

2 Likes

That picture, stories about specific parents and kids being separated, and interviews with the head of the ACLU who is working on these cases all make me literally cry. I sometimes still cannot believe that we have become so callous as to do this to children.

7 Likes

Late term abortions almost always mean on of two things: you’ve been trying to get an abortion since you discovered the pregnancy, but your state puts so many razor-wire roadblocks in the way that this is how long it took, or you really, really wanted a child but fate dealt you a fetus that is going to die in horrible pain instead.

Sometimes I wish I were religious so that I could be confident that the people who support these bills would burn in hell for eternity. Because that’s what they’re doing to infants.

9 Likes

my wife and youngest son would not be alive today had this bill existed 10 years ago when we lived in Ohio.

the self righteous would have sentenced her to death from a ectopic pregnancy for which the only viable solution was use of abortion inducing drugs, and even then the whole thing was sketchy

the forced birth folks seem to think of abortion as a birth control choice, for those who have been forced into a life/death decision, the “choice” is mindbogglingly brutal

I grieve to this day for my lost children (there was more than one ectopic pregnancy), but would have it no other way than to provide utmost privacy to those who must decide, it’s not my life being impacted, I, and others, should have no say

8 Likes

I’ve been shocked by some of the calls to talk shows on EWTN, THE voice of conservative Catholicism–husbands tearfully relating the story of their wives who could lose their life in a problem pregnancy. The men are invariably told that they and their children must endure the loss of their wife and mother if it comes because this is God’s will and two wrongs don’t make a right. This is so deeply reactionary, it suggests that you should avoid building the bridge because the flood is God’s will. if only these people would keep their ironclad convictions to themselves…rather than trying to impose them on everybody.

9 Likes

'Airy sleeping place with firm support for your back"?

2 Likes

Good job Ohio! You voted these cretins into office. Hope women have stocked up on hangars.

1 Like

They won’t. In the intervening decades, church members take pride in out-of-wedlock pregnant daughters who do not get abortions. They’re happy to be raising their own grandchildren because their so-carefully-taught girls go out and do it with the handyman. There is no morality among them anymore, just the “morality” of forcing females to reproduce at all costs, including the future of those females.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available