Discussion: NYT Investigation: Trump Engaged In 'Outright Fraud,' Helped Parents Evade Taxes

It’s a full-time job.

7 Likes

And also: Who DOESN’T loathe Trump? Maybe Kavanaugh likes him… kindred spirits (!) and all that. But otherwise- huh.

3 Likes

There is nothing here about Russia but there is a 40 year trail of working political connections, buying off people to assist them in their multiple frauds and stealing from the government.

You know- The Swamp.

20 Likes

Me in 1986: I can’t believe this annoying douchebag is on tv.

Me in 2016: I can’t believe this annoying douchebag is going to be President.

14 Likes

Republicans of all stripes relish the idea of evading the law and especially the taxes that we vote on ourselves to make our lives better. They love crooks! Everyone knew Trump was a crook (an epithet he threw at HRC who has never been indicted for anything, despite massive investigations) when he was running for office and his voters thought that it was a grand idea: they were going to be entertained on a daily basis by a cocky mob boss thumbing his nose at “the Law”.

Republicans embrace crooks, mainly because they themselves are too cowardly to break the law themselves but love seeing someone else do it.

14 Likes

I am glad to see the succeeding New York Times draw attention to how Trump did not “earn” his inheritance.

17 Likes

I hope Harder got paid in advance.

4 Likes

They’re convinced they’re the noble and innocent victims of a vicious liberal plot to steal their money. So “cheating” on liberal taxes and regulations and such is actually a good thing to do. IF you are a conservative. If a liberal even thinks about doing something illegal: he’s toast.

4 Likes

Damn, that was fast:

“New York State Tax Department reviewing Trump tax scheme allegations”

29 Likes

The IRS budget is down $1.6 billion (25 percent) since 2010 in inflation-adjusted terms.

There is a reason for that.

14 Likes

Well, if you’re a true Ayn Randian acolyte, doesn’t this mean he’s a true "hero™?

You know, F U, and “all for me”?

4 Likes

reminders

https://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/07/31/hillary-clinton-releases-8-years-of-tax-returns/

9 Likes

Let us not begrudge this sleazy family of the klan thug and the skanky sexual predator. Every hardworking American taxpayer should set up a home business, a corporation, and charitable foundation like they did.

6 Likes

Trump literally said so himself, in one of the debates with Hillary.
“That makes me smart.”

10 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

He got paid.

Now we’ll have to wait to see if he gets what’s coming to him.

10 Likes

trumpp’s presumed and faux narrative is useful only in that he plays to his base with it. People who know better, and there are more of us than them, know what a grievance filled, cry baby to whom all in the press are very, very unfair.

5 Likes

Indignation, IMHO, is the go to setting right next to outrage.

5 Likes

…and without Trump’s returns, this move intended to pressure Trump ended up making the Clintons look like out-of-touch grifters.

UNFAIR.

3 Likes

I appreciate the rhetorical device of hyperbole. I will not discount your contributions for using an obvious exaggeration to express your frustration.

That said, while I empathize with your frustration, I think the NYT screwed the pooch (<- not to be taken literally!!!) by letting her work on the project when they could have used any newsroom reporter to get the same results. Once realizing their mistake, they could either ignore it and invite howls (<- not actual howls) of “Bias!” and “Coverup!”, or eat their crow (<- they’re not actually eating a bird) and apologize, hopefully defanging the situation somewhat in the process.

Oh, and it didn’t have actual fangs. That was just a rhetorical device. Kind of like saying, “I’m spitting mad.”

6 Likes