Discussion: NRA Commentator: You Don't Need To See To Be Able To Fire A Gun

Discussion for article #225984

The God-given Second Amendment says nothing about “the right of sighted people to bear arms”, does it?

3 Likes

By that logic, You do not need to see to drive a car or fly an airplane. Get rid of that seeing eye dog and the cane or any other visual aids for the blind.

9 Likes

“You Don’t Need To See To Be Able To Fire A Gun”

While this is in fact true. You do generally need to be able to see in order to aim.

19 Likes

Wayne hired a new crazy guy to take the heat. Don Raso has taken it to a new level.

2 Likes

You do not need to be able to think to make NRA videos.

11 Likes

I don’t know the scary world these people inhabit. How is it that a 60+yr old can live, work and play in a major US city and never once have experienced a situation in which I wished I’d had a gun. Nor have I witnessed any such situation. I don’t live huddled in a padded cell, either.

11 Likes

“That deaf, dumb and blind kid sure packs a mean AR-15.”

8 Likes

A bad guy with a gun doesn’t stand a chance against a blind Shaolin monk with a hammer.

5 Likes

If someone is being attacked in the manner described, I highly doubt they will be able to reach for their gun and use it.

This is just another example of the NRA’s twisted rationale for helping gun manufacturers sell more guns.

6 Likes

“You Don’t Need To See To Be Able To Fire A Gun”

true. being able to aim it, at the person you’re actually trying to shoot, is a completely different matter.

I’m surprised this guy doesn’t just spontaneously burst into flames, with as many straw men as he has around him.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it be a lot easier to take a gun away from a blind person or just move out of the way of it? We have enough sighted people shooting wildly and irresponsibly every day. Where does he get this amazing confidence in a blind person’s prudence and restraint with a gun?

8 Likes

Prudence and restraint from the NRA? Haha.

You would think this would jump the shark, but I said that after Newtown.

7 Likes

That is true, as far as it goes. And you don’t need more than a couple of IQ points either, or be older than 2. Hell, you don’t even have to be human. Pet monkey’s have been known to fire a piece before.

But mostly, you do not have to be sane at all to fire a pistol. Sanity is what is required to NOT fire a pistol.

3 Likes

Classic conservative “thinking.”

Ready!
Fire!
Aim if you can see!

6 Likes

It’s a matter of fairness. Why should non-sighted, insecure ammosexuals be denied the right to carry a penis surrogate, just like everyone else?

7 Likes

Between this video, and an earlier one that claimed that guns were a necessity, the NRA seems to be adopting a “guns today, guns tomorrow, guns everywhere,” maximalist position.

They’re not moving the Overton window so much as removing it from this building, shipping it to the farthest side of the planet, and installing it there.

6 Likes

“his or herself”

Er, Nicole, were you under the impression that the masculine counterpart to “herself” is “hisself”?

1 Like

This is merely NRA Outreach to markets that ordinarily don’t buy guns, and is something the gunmaker corporations are clearly interested in. Coming soon are programs that market to Tourrette Syndrome sufferers, corporations that are now people, nuns & priests, albinos, and my ex-girlfriend with borderline personality disorder. Can’t wait.