Discussion: Northam: I'm Not In The Photo, But 'Darkened My Face' Another Time

1 Like

But Northam said that listening to the chorus of calls for him to step down would allow him to “spare myself from the difficult path that lies ahead,” he continued. “I could avoid an honest conversation about harmful actions from my past. I cannot in good conscience choose the path that would be easier for me.”

This is insulting. It’s all about you, Ralph. It would be downright unfair for your black constituents to deny you the opportunity for a beautiful path of self-reflection and personal growth while you sit at the head of their state government.

Piece of shit.

31 Likes

Northam: “I won’t deny that someone dressed up in a racist outfit, but it wasn’t me, it was someone else. And, according Ed Whelan, it was Brett Kavanaugh.”

29 Likes

“I also regret pretending to grab a teenage boy in an intimate place as part of my regrettable impersonation of Michael Jackson.”

10 Likes

So he’s gonna do a public self-flaggelation in the name of… what again? Not stepping down because he needs to have an honest conversation about his past? Get gone and get therapy, dude.

7 Likes

You can’t take the “Republican” out of “ex-Republican”.

13 Likes

Resigning in disgrace is the path of least resistance and I’m simply too good a person to do it. And the reason I wasn’t in blackface in the one picture is because I distinctly remember being in blackface that other time and I would have remembered the first time because obviously I remembered the other one, that really happened, although it shouldn’t have.

Yeah. This is just getting better and better for him.

53 Likes

His wife is not buying it.

20 Likes

Facepalm! He blew his chance in spectacularly bad form. Buh Bye

19 Likes

Northam should moonwalk the eff out of office :dancers:

12 Likes

And you were pretty sympathetic, right? So in screwing up he has brought us all together again, life being strange. :smile:

11 Likes

It should be a standard clause in pre-nups that if you enter public life and screw up in spectacular fashion, I’m not gonna do the supportive spouse routine.

21 Likes

hahahahahaha

Funny how things work out.

9 Likes

Holy Taco Tuesday, Batman! If he’s this fucking stupid I don’t want him in the governor’s mansion even if he was shown wearing a Donald Duck costume instead of blackface or a Klan outfit in his 1984 yearbook photo.

19 Likes

I cannot see how he survives the Sunday talk shows.

9 Likes

[quote]Northam said that he won the dance contest, and when a reporter asked if he could still moonwalk, he look around to see if there was space to show off the dance move.

He paused after his wife jumped in to say it was an “inappropriate circumstance.”[/quote]

OK, Northam, you’re an idiot. This proves it.

It doesn’t matter if you were in the blackface or the hood. You chose to include the photo, or at best allowed the photo to be prominently included, in your yearbook page. Unless you can prove that this was a big mix-up in the printing process and that you loudly complained about the mistake at the time, shut the F up.

21 Likes

He sucks so much. It’s letting shit like this slide that ends up getting you someone like Trump leading your party. You let David Vitter slide, you let Dick Cheney shoot a guy in the face, you stick with Nixon too long, tolerate Iran-Contra, support the Iraq War, etc. etc. and now you’ve got the worst, most corrupt leader of a party in American history. Dems need to be honest and need to hold ourselves to higher standards. It won’t hurt us in the long run. Our principles are greater than any one person. Greater than Franken (who I was a big fan of) and way bigger than Ralph frigging Northam.

29 Likes

By my calculation, he’s now wasted three days without yet doing the right thing. Graciously hand the levers of power to the lieutenant governor and exit stage right.

20 Likes

That look on her face! “I had my hair embiggened for THIS bullshit?!”

15 Likes

Is she available to step in as lieutenant governor? Sounds like she has an instinct for not making things ten million times worse. He was going to fucking moonwalk? OMG OMG OMG

ETA already a couple reporters noting this little exchange on Twitter. It’s one of those vivid details that make your writing come alive, even if it happened in real life.

24 Likes