Discussion: North Carolina GOP Looks To Ram Through Anti-Abortion Law

1 Like

The GOP knows its opposition to abortion keeps everyone in the fold. With Trump’s approval falling off the edge like a blind roofer, the push to make 2020 about about abortion is very much on.

This was in the LA Times a few days ago.

He voted for Trump. Now he and his wife raise their son from opposite sides of the border

Excerpt:
He probably wouldn’t vote for Trump again, he said. Still, he isn’t really sure that he made a mistake.

Sometimes he feels stupid or duped or betrayed. But then he thinks back to how he didn’t vote for himself personally but for the greater good — for what he sees as the “noble” cause of outlawing abortion.

“Was it a bad decision for my family? Yes,” he said. “Was it a bad decision for our country? I can’t say. Sometimes you can’t just think about yourself. You have to think about the broader picture.… I feel like God will bless my decision.”

19 Likes

That’s some mental masturbation right there. Still wrestling with wondering if you made the right decision 3 years later should be a sign.

12 Likes

Or just maybe God has already spoken, and it ain’t a blessing you’re getting?

11 Likes

Yeah, cognitive dissonance is big with a lot of people…

12 Likes

So the GOP messaging for 2020 is “Democrats want the blood of our Christian babies?”

6 Likes

Next the GOP will pass legislation requiring women to donate a kidney or bone marrow on demand. Either women have body autonomy or they don’t and the GOP says they don’t.

17 Likes

My suggestion: Dems should develop a new message instead of going with GOP’s rhetoric. “Born alive”? WTF? How could you win a debate against a bill with such a positive name?

3 Likes

Saw this on another site… Perfect question Ask those GOP if it was their wife that was raped and pregnant would they make her carry the baby to birth

7 Likes

That is not a positive name its BS. Stop beating your wife bill and never forget The patriot act

3 Likes

I’m not 100% sure, but I’d say say that just by looks alone, the Speaker of the House in N. Carolina is a beady-eyed, little boy diddler!

2 Likes

Or how about asking every spouse of any republican politician if she’s ever had a abortion! This should be done when she’s standing next to her man, in public!

5 Likes

Yes it is BS but it also creats a vivid picture of doctors and women killing “healthy babies” in many people’s minds, most of whom are ill-informed or misinformed. We need their votes.

4 Likes

Their bills names are always BS. Remember the Patriot Act?
How could any American be against that???

8 Likes

Spouse, heck, ask the mistresses…

Or, for that matter, ask them if their 13-year-old daughters were impregnated during a rape: would they want her to go to term? Would they help her raise the rapist’s baby?

5 Likes

I thought NC learned something from the fallout from the Bathroom Bill, but sadly no. What are the chances that the stove would be hot again, right?

8 Likes

The RWNJ’s are on a roll.

3 Likes

No, he’ll vote for Trump again. After 40 years of right-wing propaganda “Not a liberal” is a political identity for much of the country.

6 Likes

One nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. This nation is so fucking far from Godliness, that I refuse to lie to children by reciting this “under God” bullshit again.

Republicans are the party of bankrupting Mom with a six-figure incubation from the neonatal intensive care unit, whether she consents to the treatment or not. They didn’t give a damn about Mom’s consent at any time before childbirth, and they aren’t about to start when the baby is born. If by some miracle they finally do stop postponing the dying baby’s death, it will be the same death my late mother got: starvation while doped up on narcotics and sedatives. Except the baby will be lucky to get a little cupful of sugar syrup, as if he were being circumcised.

4 Likes

I really think they will be disappointed if RoeVWade is overruled
It’s been the go to outrage to drump up the base since “The Gay” became a non issue
They are like a virus that thrives on rage and owning the libruls regardless of the consequences

6 Likes