Discussion: New York Times Staffer Tweets And Deletes 'Fuck You Jeb Bush'

Discussion for article #241809

Give that man a column!!

47 Likes

In his defense, he was on break at the time.

2 Likes

It is sad that once you start to work at the NY Times, you can no longer speak the truth forcefully.

16 Likes

I can only hope that #FuckYouJeb! becomes a thing.

42 Likes

Poverty is an esoteric exercise for Jebby.

5 Likes

By all means let’s discuss the cursing but no the substance of the charge.

Media coverage, how does it work?

27 Likes

When are people going to learn to stop associating their jobs with their social media profiles?

One should only name one’s employer in one’s profile if the profile is related to one’s job. If one’s social media profile is personal, KEEP IT PERSONAL!

I once got into a Facebook argument with a bunch of racists and they went to my profile to find my employer, then got mad when they couldn’t find out where I worked.

16 Likes

The NYT: Where “sentimentality” and “gratuitous civility” are more important than calling out the charlatans.

16 Likes

I’m lost. What exactly was inappropriate here?

12 Likes

A New York Times staffer tweeted “Fuck you Jeb Bush” and then quickly deleted it on Wednesday after the Republican presidential contender discussed his plan to tackle poverty.

A.K.A: Mass incarceration of African-American males. Basically the American prison system as we know it.

5 Likes

“Discussion: New York Times Staffer Tweets And Deletes ‘Fuck You Jeb Bush’”

I agree!

jebbers, like your brother and father before, you never know what you’re talking about!

Bush tweeted back. “Take a Fucking number!”

17 Likes

Was he paraphrasing the NH poll results?

8 Likes

I mean who hasn’t thought, said, or tweeted, “Fuck You Jeb Bush?” Maybe some old man in Montana, but for the rest of us? Nawww. So, join me won’t you in a round of hearty, "Fuck You Jeb Bush"s? It feels good!

7 Likes

what the hell is social media good for if you can’t pissed? this guy wasn’t polite, but that’s the point of free speech. speaking on behalf of yourself and not threatening or inciting violence, who gives a shit about a tweet? as a journalist by training, i love the NY Times. but the paper, along with many other U.S. employers, need to get their priorities in order.

4 Likes

Sometimes journalists slip and actually write what’s on their minds.

2 Likes

While I agree with you on the nature the social media–twitter in particular is one big cesspool–when your profile names your employer, what you say does reflect back on them. Right or wrong, it just does.

4 Likes

He is not a journalist according to the great NYT

Be careful Ralph - the NYTimes devotees will get on your case for that