Discussion: New Report Unearths Jeb Bush's Politically Fraught Financial Dealings

Discussion for article #231058

Offshoring money is as American as waterboarding, another Bush Family tradition.

13 Likes

Well, he’s a Bush isn’t he? They’re fraught with all kinds of crap, figuratively and literally.

4 Likes

the Bush name legitimizes

I honestly never thought I’d see that phrase in my lifetime…

3 Likes

Lets not forget his amazing contributions to education by 1) approving FCAT testing and 2) running the company responsible for administering it 3) ruining schools and the lives of kids who now study to pass the fcat rather than learn life skills.

6 Likes

I’m shocked, shocked I tell you to find that there is offshore money making in the Bush family!! Not!

3 Likes

A Jeb candidacy would be fun. It would be entertaining to see how Democrats could screw up an election against a GOP’er that cannot win. If I was in a leadership position in the Democratic Party I would be looking hard for an alternative to HRC, she will win if she runs, and scour the dregs of my party for as uninspiring a candidate as I could find.

The GOP is not as suicidal as the Democratic Party. They aren’t going to run Jeb. Maybe the Democrats could run him.

2 Likes

IOKIYAB (It’s okay if you’re a Bushie)

Really, that family is so appalling.

2 Likes

Jeb is the opposite of W. Jeb is cunning, sly, conniving, arrogant, ruthless, and, as far as I can tell, totally devoid of conscience or morality.

Having said that I sincerely hope that both he and Romney run for the GOP nomination. They are both part of old political dynasties and as such they know each others’ secrets and of the skeletons hidden in each others’ closets. As they also have great amounts of money and can hire the most ruthless political operatives, I think it would be a great bloodbath and would, hopefully, be the political death knell for both families. (It’s rather obvious that they are grooming Jeb’s son to run for prez some day.)

I also hope that Hillary doesn’t run. I think she would be a good president but I think she carries too much baggage. Few would vote based on her abilities, but rather on her perceived history. Warren is looking good to me.

1 Like

yup, a man that loves to screw over america then lay in bed with the competition sure needs to be president of this country. Guess I could say that about all 3 of them and possibly a 4th bush.

2 Likes

Martha Coakley is available.

5 Likes

When he was governor of Florida at the behest of ALEC he signed the stand your ground laws. Drip, drip, drip. . . .

2 Likes

The fourth son of a b being his son I presume.

1 Like

Possibly 5 if you go back to Granddaddy Prescott Bush (from Wiki):

Bush was one of seven directors (including W. Averell Harriman) of the Union Banking Corporation (holding a single share as a director), an investment bank that operated as a clearing house for many assets and enterprises held by German steel magnate Fritz Thyssen.[6][7] In July 1942, the bank was suspected of holding gold on behalf of Nazi leaders.[8] A subsequent government investigation disproved those allegations but confirmed the Thyssens’ control, and in October 1942 the United States seized the bank under the Trading with the Enemy Act and held the assets for the duration of World War II.[6]

Runs in the family.

jw1

1 Like

How is that the opposite of W? OK, cunning and sly imply some intelligence but the rest are W all the way.

1 Like

Jeb is a cunning linguist.

2 Likes

He’ll be sending a job application to Uber, right?

2 Likes

'They’re looking for political protection, and the Bush name legitimizes the investment and makes him a perfect partner.”

Yep, sounds just like a Bush.

Bush Crime Family. It’s a thing.

Offshore private equity funds are people too, my friend…

2 Likes