Discussion: New Fox News Poll Shows Biden, Bernie Beating Trump By At Least Nine Points

However, the poll also reveals that support for Sanders has dropped from 23 points in March to 13 points now.

Hmmm…I guess that puts me in that 10% drop.

On 2nd thought, my support for Sanders dropped waaaaay before March. Although, at this rate, i predict he’ll finish with less support than Cory Booker. And Klobuchar. Maybe even Gabbard. Combined!

6 Likes

Perhaps Bernie can beat Trump, but he’s got to get there first. His problem is that the erosion in his support within the Democratic Party can be traced directly to increased support for Warren and Buttigieg. And as they’re both exciting, energetic candidates, I expect this trend will continue.

29 Likes

I’ll feel more comfortable when the election arrives and Trump loses “bigly”. Until then I’m nervous.

28 Likes

Imo, these numbers suggest how many people are already paying attention, that the broad name recognition bump is starting ebb.

16 Likes

new WSJ/NBC poll is also out…
Showing that Dem enthusiasm for Biden had tanked…going from 32% of Dems saying in April they were “enthusiastic” about a Biden candidacy to 23% now. Meanwhile, Warren surged from 20% to 26%

22 Likes

The Faux poll also showed Hillary beating him by 15 points. Daffy Duck by 20.

2 Likes

She’s a plan taker who carries a big hatchet much like Teddy Roosevelt.

1 Like

In 2016, Sanders typically did well in (mostly) white states with caucuses. The dynamic is much different now without HRC. But if the pattern holds, my bet is the straight white dudes will do well in these circumstances and the women candidates will do better in states with actual primaries and greater demographic diversity. Black women Democratic voters will have a big say in who the eventual democratic nominee is. If they break for Biden, I don’t think he gets stopped.

17 Likes

Yes, and as much as I still think Biden has the best chance of winning, I’m kind of starting to lean toward Warren because she’s just the best damn candidate with the best damn policies. If she can really hold her own in her debate, she’ll win me over. The ONLY hesitation I have about her is that I’m not sure how she’s going to handle the back and forth with the likes of PP.

28 Likes

I’m waiting for my Senator Harris to convince me why I should consider her after I’ve heard the “plans” from Senator Warren, who of course is going to force everyone else to up their game and create some plans of their own. Looking forward to June 26-27 debates to do just that.

There was no one better at handling trumPP than HRC, she met every piece of bullshit with facts, figures, no histrionics, etc., and he managed to overwhelm the atmosphere with his responses. He’ll do it with any candidate, and I’m hoping that many of those who voted for him are now seeing him in a different light, and that’s there nothing more there than the tricks. It didn’t help that he was asked about accepting the results of the election and he said maybe but he’d get back to us. The moderators sometimes can’t help themselves.

22 Likes

Wasn’t she the first high profile politician, during the 2016 campaign - to say that he should delete his twitter account? I am guessing she learned to handle the good old boy type comments back in OK, and when she was on faculty at U of Houston.

Or her performance reading Coretta Scott King’s letter to the Judiciary Committee (from the 80s) in the confirmation process of Sessions where she showed Grace under Fire.

5 Likes

I like the fact that she’s held her fire on the Pocahontas nonsense – I think she’s waiting for the right moment – probably during the debates – to point out that Trump lied about his own heritage.

(and pointing out that her claim was based on what she’d been told by her family — Trump’s claim was a flat out lie.)

10 Likes

My gut is she’ll be all right as long as she stays true to who she is -which is earnest, smart, and a person of ideas -and doesn’t get into an insult-fest with Trump. I also think if he continues with the uninspired “Pocahontas” jibes, that’ll backfire on him. He’ll come across as a bully and a brute, which would be quite apropos.

10 Likes

Meaning, if the election were held today, Trump would be in prison (or lobbing missiles at Iran to teach us all a lesson).

Warren seems to be one of the few candidates (someone can tell me who else there might be) who has described reading the entire Mueller report in nearly one sitting and cited parts of Part II at the townhall describing Russian interference and how trumPP welcomed it. She could certainly throw those facts at him, and while he’ll stumble for a minute, he’ll surely retort with exoneration, to which she’ll say “Not!”, and so on and so on.

16 Likes

tRump is losing faux news, why they won’t report in his favor, what’s going on here? And, this only gives tRump heightened anxiety about the election and what he could possibly do to win, no matter what. Poor slob.

3 Likes

one of the more interesting Fox poll questions was this (asked of Dem primary voters) —

Which will be more important in deciding your vote in the Democratic presidential primary: Would you vote for a candidate:

with a bold new agenda 25%
who will provide steady reliable leadership 72%

IMHO, this shows where Biden’s appeal lies… and as long as the nominee demonstrates they can provide “steady reliable leadership”, any of them will be in as good a position to beat Trump as Biden is now.

5 Likes

Yesterday Trump fired his own pollsters when they told him the same thing, and also bullshitted that those were old polls and things had got much better since. This is really going to rip his undies.

14 Likes

Agreed. But, sooner or later (okay sooner) he will devolve into childish rhetoric ala Poccahontas and then the “I’m no puppet, I’m no puppet. You’re the Puppet!” type rhetoric. I don’t know how one prepares for an effective response when your opponent devolves into language and tactics of a 6 year old. I mean this is a guy who made penis allusions (albeit Rubio opened the door) in a primary debate.

5 Likes