Discussion: NC Guv Lashes Out At Musicians Who Cancelled Shows Over Anti-LGBT Law

1 Like

Wait a sec. Back up…Boston is still touring?

38 Likes

that’s a rationale, cogent argument from the governor. but someone needs to tell him he’s already lost this one.

20 Likes

Diaz also noted that some of the groups boycotting the state have performed in Singapore and Russia, both of which have harsh laws regarding LGBT rights.

Russia: We have made major progress, and our country is now as free as USA.
NC: We love comparisons with other bigoted nations.

35 Likes

21 Likes

That thing probing your prostate is the invisible cover of the free market.

So you should be smiling, governor dipshit.

29 Likes

They announced a tour date in my city. A successful crowd funding campaign raised enough money to pay them to cancel the show.

9 Likes

Governor McCrory offered to take the stage himself, playing harmonica and singing as best he could, so as not to disappoint tin-eared NC fans.

16 Likes

I dunno how they could manage without Delp’s voice…it’s just too iconic.

I saw him in Beatlejuice at Harper’s Ferry in Boston shortly before he died. Was great fun…they covered the Beatles about as well as could be expected.

Only time I’ve seen a Boston songs live was when Phish opened with it at Great Woods in MA in 1999 haha…they opened with Foreplay>Longtime because they hadn’t been allowed back since their 1995 shows there, when 10,000 extra people showed up without tickets and caused mayhem jumping the fences, etc. (I was at those too LOL). Even without Delp’s voice, the Boston music just makes a great live show experience.

2 Likes

Welp, sorta. Brad Delp died almost 10 years ago but apparently there were some unreleased vocal tracks that they cobbled together for a new album.

1 Like

Well Mr. McCrory… what does it feel to be arbitrarily singled out?

Don’t you agree that Musicians also have “religious freedom” that forbids them to perform in states governed by @$$holes?

62 Likes

The good Guv should look at this as a blessing, sort of a campaign time-saver. The “list of groups that have cancelled shows in North Carolina, including Pearl Jam, Boston, and Bruce Springsteen,” can double as a list of artists who don’t want their music used at McCrory’s gubernatorial campaign events. In other words, they’re just trying to contribute to Governor Asshat’s re-election effort.

9 Likes

Wow - stupidity rises to new depths with this one!

9 Likes

You’re right, Pat. It’s not a matter of these people finally determining that enough is enough. It’s just that they really, really hate North Carolina.

11 Likes

17 Likes

The reality is I’m sad that I pissed away a government career. I’ll feel better if I can lash out at someone else rather than assume a share of the blame and work to a solution, like an adult. I want to focus on the few dollars these performers bring to our state and not the jobs that will be lost when big businesses pull out. I also want to keep the focus on the transgendered - because they’re icky - and off the other equally repellant actions within this law.

This is my squinty-eye, determinded yet thoughtful face. Is it working?

24 Likes

Capitalism at its best!

15 Likes

"Since he signed the rushed legislation banning local provisions providing anti-discrimination protections for LGBT individuals, McCrory has stubbornly defended the law. "

The rallying cry of the New South:

“Pee-pee patrols now, pee-pee patrols tomorrow, pee-pee patrols forever!”

36 Likes

Shorter Pat McCrory: “We’re not Singapore. But I’m working on that.”

29 Likes

“The reality is that while these and other groups unfairly target North Carolina, they often tour and play shows in the 29 other states with similar levels of anti-discrimination protections as North Carolina,” Diaz continued.

You titty baby – you and your kind have done this to your state’s residents, so don’t try and blame others for calling your ass out. Also, give us time … one state at a time. Your state is also receiving such a large backlash because of the stealthily nature of the way HB2 came about and signed into law so fucking quickly. So, blame yourselves, you hateful jerks.

edited for grammar

36 Likes