Discussion: NBA Owner To Girlfriend: Don't Bring Black People To My Games

Discussion for article #222034

These guys are like goddamn cockroaches -they’re everywhere. Good thing theres no racism anymore in 'Murica cause otherwise we might have a real problem.

37 Likes

I’m afraid that the big, big money in sports has brought out the worst in these owners–getting filthy rich from the talents and labor of others seems to derange people. In this case, the guy doesn’t even realize what side his own bread is buttered on.

8 Likes

This is obviously Martin Luther King’s fault because he didn’t finish the job. Cliven Bundy told me so.

45 Likes

It’s really wonderful how Obama’s election means there’s no such thing as white racism any more, isn’t it?

Donald Sterling is indistinguishable from a slaveholding plantation owner in Mississippi in 1860, right down to his attitudes about sex. He’s happy to sleep with a black woman, and doesn’t mind if she sleeps with other black men, but for God’s sake just don’t bring them blacks to the plantation owner’s front door.

28 Likes

What a nasty POS this man is.
He makes money on the talents of black men.
He sleeps with black women . . . .
But he hates black people.
Paging Dr. Freud and the KKK.

18 Likes

Same as it ever was.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t bet a lot of money that Sterling will be the Clippers owner by this time next year.

If TPM is going to limit my comments to a total of three per thread, I see little reason to spend much time here.

5 Likes

Clippers tip-off time is 12:30 Sunday. You can be sure we’ll be seeing the nopoplogy by then - he just loves black folk! Out of context! Some of my best friends…

3 Likes

And didn’t the Roberts Supreme Court claim essentially the same thing? All these guys coming out of the woodwork almost seem designed to make sure that everyone knows racism is alive and well, thank you.

7 Likes

Firstly no one should be racist.
Secondly this character has a control problem.

Can I do a “like” more than once to the same person?

Doesn’t he realize that Black men are handling his [basket] balls daily?

9 Likes

Or as Chief Justice Roberts said in 2007 “The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race.” BTW, guys this fat shouldn’t let themselves be photographed in a t-shirt in a slumped position, he looks pregnant…

Some awkward moments to come for this guy

2 Likes

Wanna bet he says he loves and admires Magic Johnson who’s a credit to race?

4 Likes

Thats what the woodshed be for. Just don’t come in the house.

1 Like

Oops! Forgot that one!

This won’t surprise anyone familiar with Sterling’s attempt to hire Rollie Massimino to coach the Clippers back in the 80s. This anecdote, courtesy of writer Jeff Pearlman, involves then-Clipper GM Paul Phipps and is quoted from deadspin.com:

"In interviews with Phipps for a book about the NBA in the 80s, Pearlman learned that Massimino later told Phipps he would be passing on the job in an angry early-morning phone call.

Phipps, half asleep, sat up on his bed and asked what went wrong. “Here’s this guy,” Massimino said, “and he has this blonde bimbo with him, they have a bottle of champagne, they’re tanked. And Don looks at me and he says, ‘I wanna know why you think you can coach these niggers.’”

Massimino told Phipps he began screaming at Sterling and swore he’d rather die than become coach of the Clippers. “That,” said Phipps, “was life with Donald Sterling.”"

It boggles my mind that black players and coaches – Chris Paul, Doc Rivers and Blake Griffin, among them – would voluntarily work for this racist piece of shit just because he pays them millions. Show some freaking integrity!

9 Likes

“The Clippers also have a strong minority fan base.”

Maybe not so much anymore.

2 Likes