Discussion: NAU Shooting Happened After Confrontation Between Students, 1 Dead

Discussion for article #241591

Prayers and condolences from politicians because it is too soon to say we need more guns. Bullshit.

23 Likes

At least one hero successfully ran into a bullet. Ben Carson must be proud today.

11 Likes

Reality: He was carrying a concealed weapon that facilitated him doing this.

Teatrolls: “We need to permit concealed carry on campuses so this doesn’t happen.”

18 Likes

Indeed…

Our Father, who art in heaven

Yadda yadda yadda…

Amen
Ammo

12 Likes

NAU President Rita Cheng called the incident "isolated and unprecedented."

What planet is she from? I didn't know Mars issued exit visas.
18 Likes

She’s probably from Kolob or one of its many moons.

4 Likes

The suspected shooter was an 18-year-old freshman, Steven Jones, who eventually stopped firing and was arrested when police arrived

How odd. I was certain that the explanation would be that the shooter was interrupted when a swarm of would-be victims charged him, as Doctor Ben Carson recommends as a safety tip to avoid getting shot.

7 Likes

Where, as in Utah, everyone is heavily armed.

2 Likes

Guns on campus is the stupidest fucking idea in all of gunsuckitude. You take some clueless newbie freshman, who is barely able to find the bathroom, and who finds that college is way more than high school. Without a gun, he (it’s always a guy) will eventually find the bathroom. With a gun, we have an unstable person with a powerful weapon.

Now, thanks to the gun, there’s a dead person, 3 wounded persons, and the shooter, whose life is ruined. 5 casualties. All for the gun.

Fuck gunsuck ammosexual assholes.

22 Likes

Never know when someone from the wrong side of Kolob might get uppity and bother the nice folks from the right side of Kolob.

Same thought. I thought Cheng’s statement was reprehensible in light of the shootings that now occur weekly.

1 Like

Meanwhile, McCain’s statement (obviously not written by him but by a PR staffer) has essentially become a weekly template where all his staff has to do is replace the location, number of shooters, number of victims and be sure that the word “prayers” is in the statement since that really seems to fix the problem. (sarcasm)

2 Likes

My kid is going to grow up in a society where when I send him to learn his ABCs each day, my big fear is “Whelp! Let’s just hope nobody opens fire on his classroom today!”

Cool!

Anybody want to place some bets on what institution gets to deal with a massacre next week?

3 Likes

Well, it is as far as she’s concerned. She’s never had a shooting at her school before so it’s all new to her. A shooting at somebody else’s school doesn’t mean there’s any danger of a shooting at my school. These people just don’t seem to be capable of connecting the dots.

It’s sort of like the sheriff from Oregon who was a mass shooting truther until a mass shooting happened on his patch and then he wasn’t and never had been.

15 Likes

The other night on the Daily Show, they ‘reported’ on the Oregon situation by using the same piece used in previous school shootings, to mock the sad repetition plus the empty responses. In looking at John McCain’s response, the Senator should definitely keep that in his computer so that he can offer it again whenever needed. No suggested solutions offered. Just empty platitudes.

4 Likes

Thought women were from Venus?

This almost screams for a mobile app.

1 Like

We will have Open Carry on campus in Texas next year on the 50th anniversary of Whitman Massacre at UT in 1966. On the exact day. Think about that. Texas can kiss my azz.

4 Likes

He already has “We’re all ________ians now” on a macro key.

3 Likes