Discussion: Nadler: Dems Won't 'Necessarily' Impeach Trump Over 'Impeachable Offense'

Well, I am ENCOURAGED with the historical midterms results. A movement is happening and it isn’t going to stop anytime soon.

Besides, the investigations that are occurring on this administration will expose to all us of the dirty shit that truly resides in Trump’s corrupt world! These facts will only embolden us to kick his fucking ass out in 2020!

4 Likes

Never wound the king. Be sure that you can finish the job before you start.

6 Likes

I wonder if he is thinking well into the future where impeachment becomes weaponized, right wingers favorite activity, weaponizing everything.

Or perhaps he’s just playing good cop bad cop with Schiff.

4 Likes

Most likely, I think.

1 Like

Well we added Democrats to our state lege in the midterms and turned all our appellate courts blue in Texas. Other states added Democrats to their state governments. We have started the movement back our way.

It was inevitable as some point and the point was past. That’s my thinking. Your mileage varies, it’s a matter of opinion and we differ.

7 Likes

Will one of the interns please take one for the team and blow him in the Oval?

1 Like

Everything he does is beyond my ken technically. I just appreciate the emotional places he goes to. Hey, you’ll like this—my old dad had been talking up the Circle Line boat tour in Manhattan for 20 years so finally my sister and I piled him in the car and went up. It was fun generally but it was especially cool to pass under the Williamsburg bridge and think about Sonny Rollins out there in the middle of the night all those years ago, finding a way forward all alone from whatever murky forest he’d gotten lost in.

5 Likes

Unfortunately Steve Bannon already left.

5 Likes

I want to see the House pass popular legislation that Trump and GOP reps and senators will have to run on in 2020 if they vote against the bills. Democrats can legislate and investigate at the same time. Nadler was right not to jump in and say Dems are going to impeach.

11 Likes

First.
First, Could there be removal from office? I am disappointed he would not bring this up.

1 Like

With Sonny…you are betraying your jazz acumen. Now you can’t feign ignorance if you wanted to. Sonny played the bottom the horn quite well. People don’t realize that the tenor is really a baritone horn with a reed…it’s really a big horn…and what most people are treated to are the screaming in trumpet range. Sonny (and Eddie Harris) played that bottom (like the tenor player in EWF).

Good on your Pops…the Greatest Generation gave us BeBop.

4 Likes

This has been my point here in the last couple days. He absolutely deserves to be impeached by the House even if the Senate sits on their hands but IMO the strongest case is for actions while in office. That’s what the constitution provides for and is something moderates can understand. The precedent of going after actions before taking office, is a pandoras box.

3 Likes

It took a long time for the Repugs to screw things up --basically since Nixon and it is not going to get fixed overnight. The only option is to work at all levels, get good people elected to office and move the best ones onto higher levels and never forget that the right will NEVER give up.

5 Likes

Well no. This isn’t something that one side “wins” forever. It’s a an endless struggle. Look at history. But the GOP has been ascendant since Reagan. The pendulum always swings back. It has begun.

9 Likes

You’re right. Nadler’s not obligated to reveal to Jake Tapper what House strategy will be when it comes to investing and and subsequently bringing a bill of impeachment. As if trumpites won’t be listening for any hint of something they can use against the legal process. As Nadler might say, he owes Tapper bupkus.

9 Likes

That’s not a question for Nadler or anyone in the House to answer. The House will need a good number of R votes to pass a bill of impeachment so there’s no point in saying incendiary things to Jake Tapper because he’s asking typical Sunday gas bag questions.

6 Likes

Hi LGB

2 Likes

I’m going to channel Pollyanna and say that the Rs of either chamber will not reveal their intentions toward trumpp but somewhere in their heart they know his presidency will harm their political careers. So the choice is theirs. Jettison him and the votes his rubes represent or let him be the albatross during the 2020 Senate election.

1 Like

If Democrats were Michael Corleone, Carlo never would have had to answer for Santino.

1 Like

Don’t tell me! Are you the former emilianomexicano (or something similar) and have come back? Hope so. Bienvenido

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available