Discussion: Mueller And House Dems Tussle Over Terms Of His Testimony

Mueller should give his CV, and then say “…and if anyone wants to call me political, do it outside, because despite the fact that I’m 74 years old, I will kick your ass up one side of Pennsylvania Ave, and all the way down the other”

2 Likes

Domestic stuff ain’t domestic once it crosses the border. NSA legally hoovers up any phonecalls, e-mails, facebook stuff, etc. that you might send to friends or family overseas, for example.

Definitely makes for complications and requires inter-agency coordination to meet the laws, but CIA certainly has a role in this. You just won’t see them personally raiding Mar-a-GoGo to collect evidence.

2 Likes

Dear Mr. Mueller

Presumably you got into your chosen career because you wanted to make a difference and right wrongs. You are a life-long Republican no doubt, and you believe in their ‘no taxes’ ‘capitalism is best’ approach. But surely you must care that the stupidest man who ever put his socks on is now at the head of your government and is leading this country to ruin. Why on earth would you not want your testimony to be made public?

Stand up, Fight for what’s Right.

Sincerely,
The United States of America

7 Likes

Not sure how many post 9/11 changes have impacted how FBI would share over-seas intelligence gathering with the CIA for threat analysis directly vs. up-the-chain intelligence “sharing” via DNI. I am just an outside civilian only going by what public information about how such things might work that happens across my screen (and in some books on firing affairs, etc.).

So I cannot claim any inside knowledge by any stretch of the imagination.

But would be interesting to have a galaxy-brain level view to understand not only how that works, but what the balance of such work as it pertains too someone like Trump who is (to my eyes) a clearly compromised person who is a U.S. citizen yet integration al in overseas assets and relationships through his real-estate deals, grifts, cons and all his “businesses” which really blur the domestic-overseas lines.

Assumes facts not in evidence.

Because nobody wants to have to suffer through awkward silences at the country club. Anything but that!

3 Likes

Exactly.

But NSA is neither the CIA or FBI, both of whom (IIRC) are considered “consumers” of NSA intel “products”. Also the NSA has its own analyst functions and people.

yeah, I wondered myself how the intelligence community handled the fact that under ordinary circumstances, Trump wouldn’t be allowed within the city limits of Langley VA, let alone be given a security clearance.

I mean, did they brief Pence before Trump took office, and say "please, please PLEASE invoke the 25th amendment at 12:01 on Jan 20…

True, but doesn’t mean the CIA isn’t involved on the russian end, or that they haven’t heard all of these conversations along the way.

2 Likes

Which goes to the laughable nonsense Trump blathers on about regarding how his campaign was being “spied on”. It’s like getting pissed your phone conversation with a mobster who is being wiretapped ended up on tape.

Here’s a hint, don’t be friends with and get on calls with mobsters you dumb ass.

If Trump doesn’t want to be “spied on” over his ties to Russia and Russian intelligence, etc. then don’t climb into bed with Russia. QED

6 Likes

I don’t know about that. There seems to be a kabuki quality about this. Maybe there is a game being played out.

We’ll see.

5 Likes

And given that he and his cronies were talking to the sort of folks that we’re definitely spying on, that’s an absolute given.

2 Likes

The fact that Felix Sater is an FBI informant alone makes Trump’s nonsense about “spying” on his campaign laughable.

It’s nonsense at a level that would make Lewis Carroll’s prose seem like cold, dry, scientific white papers.

5 Likes

It’s not? That stuff was purely documentary about Alice’s adventures in wonderland.

3 Likes

Just subpoena the motherfucker.

I am so sick of people acting like Mueller is some Holy Relic Of The True Cross.

He’s a Republican lawyer who knew the moment that he took the job of Special Counsel that he was going to be perceived as political no matter what his findings were. His "I don’t want to be seen as political" is the worst kind of grandstanding bullshit.

11 Likes

“O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!”

4 Likes

“Won’t somebody please think of the arugula?” - Helen Lovejoy, “The Simpsons”

I just want the vorpal blade to go snicker-snack in Trumperwocky’s belly soon.

1 Like

Careful you don’t upset the Queen of Hearts lest she call for your head.

I’ll risk it.

:wink:

1 Like

Not only is Bon Mueller ® not going to save us, he is showing that he doesn’t want to.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available