Discussion: MO Rep. Apologizes For Misspeaking About 'Consensual Rapes'

His definition of a gentleman and mine don’t align.

5 Likes

The Evangelical Dominionists ARE forthright about it. Just ask one of them, they will tell you.

They want to be Saudi Arabia in everything except the particular religion used to oppress the citizens.

That is why I call them American Taliban. Their version of Governance is no different from Sharia Law; just replace Mohamed with Jesus and it reads identically.

7 Likes

Same can be said of Republicans and their definition of “conservative”

2 Likes

I didn’t think you did, it’s just so much more common place than people think.

And I get shit from people who don’t understand how I could accept his apology, appreciate his going to therapy and working out his molestation issues (yes, he was as well), and still love and care about him 40 years later.

Dealing with all this is so incredibly individual, it’s hard to discuss without stepping on someone. Again, no worries, I got your intent.

8 Likes

I’ve written Senator Gardner a number of times asking him just what it is that he’s trying to conserve. Not natural resources, clean water, archeological, historical or cultural resources. Not wild lands, flora or fauna or clean air.

I think it’s white male privilege.

10 Likes

Not to fear, Cillizza’s on it

Trump shot a 68 in April 2019. That’s a remarkable score for anyone who isn’t a professional golfer but a truly outstanding achievement for a 72-year-old man who also happens to be the President of the United States.

2 Likes

Gentleman jumping out of the bushes + consensual rape + recreational abortion + alternative facts = The War on Truth and anything approaching rational and/or moral thinking.

Btw, Roy Moore is still seriously considering a re-run against Doug Jones. And not a peep from the GOP. Because a grown man preying on young teenagers = cultural/regional differences. No biggie. Anymore than Falwell Jr and his wife underwriting their cabana boy for $1.8 million should raise eyebrows. And that was before we knew of salacious pix ala Michael Cohen’s accusations.

Brave New World. Where anything, everything goes. Except for women controlling their own bodies. Strange that!

4 Likes

This 1000x over.

3 Likes

Any Dem operative who is unable to hang this motherfucker around the neck of the entire MO GOP should turn in his damned license.

4 Likes

According to a writings of a certain presidential hopeful that is.

(Not mentioning any names lest I be swarmed upon a horde of locusts.)

2 Likes

Chris Cillizza couldn’t be on it if he tried. What a stupid twit he is.

Trump cheated, of course. The man has zero morals, zero ethics, zero empathy, zero intelligence.

Yes, Trump’s a big zero.

8 Likes

Hello. My name is Barry Hovis. I wear clodhoppers. I was born of the consensual rape of one of my parents by one of her siblings. We are not sure which one of her siblings.

4 Likes

In other news, Bigfoot was spotted on the Tallahassee Trail.

8 Likes

Another reason to fly over Missouri.

Behaviors commonly associated with rape culture include victim blaming, slut-shaming, sexual objectification, trivializing rape,…

8 Likes

Not only does he suggest that if a woman comes near a man, she’s asking for it, but he made his apology to the news reporter. Not to the female legislator who called him out. Not to others in the chamber. Not to women everywhere. It says there was a vocal response when he said it, and then he is specifically chastised for what he said and then he waits until the news picks it up before realizing, oops, maybe I should explain that. Of course he meant it.

5 Likes

The dude caddies call Pelé for kicking balls back on the fairway shot a 68? Yeah, sure. Also, too, Kim Jong-Il once carded 38-under par at the Pyongyang Golf Course. No hole scored more that birdie, and five hole in ones added up to a round of 34.

I would just point out that golf is a game that can’t be won. Trumpski would be out of character if he did not cheat.

4 Likes

I assume most of “his” rapes were on cattle and dogs.

1 Like

Most of my rapes? WTF is wrong with this asshole?

7 Likes

Probably never stepped on the course. Just had Tiger sign his card and then Woods suddenly gets the Medal of Freedom. That’s how corruption works in The Swamp.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available