Discussion: MO Rep. Apologizes For Misspeaking About 'Consensual Rapes'

1 Like

He meant to say “voluntary rape”.

29 Likes

Barry Hovis must be related to Todd Akin either by blood or by stupidity or both.

22 Likes

What the categorical fuck? These vapid creatures of venality are running much of the country. Why?

22 Likes

We’ll add this to the list of absolutely batshit things Republican officials have said about rape. I’m all for it getting some air though.

5 Likes

“Most of my rapes were not the gentlemen jumping out of the bushes that nobody had ever met.”

Gentlemen huh?!

25 Likes

MO Rep. Apologizes For Misspeaking About ‘Consensual Rapes’

Did he mean to say ‘Traditional Rape’?

18 Likes

Memo to GOP men: Do not ever try to talk about rape. You will only confirm your towering ignorance, stupidity, and misogyny.

29 Likes

It was a legitimate mistake…

8 Likes

…by party affiliation.

3 Likes

“Missouri State Rep. Barry Hovis ® has apologized for using the phrase ‘consensual rape’ on the House floor while he was defending an eight-week abortion ban.”

“If it’s another GOP idiot facing re-election, the body politic has ways to shut that whole thing down.”

30 Likes

After the Todd Akin defeat one of their female pols went on a speaking tour to spread that exact message. Guess he was busy that day.

8 Likes

“most of my rapes” ??

22 Likes

I actually know this guy. And yes, he is as dumb as he makes himself to be.

28 Likes

Oh you badass, AOC. You’ll make a fine President in 2028. Hope I’m still alive to see it.

52 Likes

…or “well-deserved” rape.

6 Likes

C’mon, everyone knows that it’s the female fantasy, so any rape is, by definition, her asking for it.

2 Likes

He must have been speaking in his capacity as a member of the Cape Girardeau, MO municipal police force. Where have you heard that town before? Why it’s the hometown of Rush Limbaugh!

15 Likes

Yeah, you know, along with traditional pillaging. Like in GOT.

6 Likes

And here I spent yesterday coming up with clever ideas as to how Alabama would enforce their stuff by separating out legitimate rapes from ones where the girl was asking for it…

Had no idea the GOP was actively reading TPM boards.

12 Likes