Discussion: Mitt Romney: Trump Not Releasing His Tax Returns Is 'Disqualifying'

No, I’m pointing out that Romney also didn’t release his tax returns and is therefore a hypocrite. He’s not exactly the right spokesman on this issue.

1 Like

As badly as I wanted Mitty to go hide in his stables after the 2012 election, is how badly I want him to continue taking shots at Trump now.

4 Likes

I agree he’s a hypocrite. But that doesn’t mean his point is unfounded. Look at this way: can’t a person who has committed murder be repelled by another grisly killing? You’re right that Romney should not be the spokesman for this issue. But that doesn’t alter the legitimacy of his point. And the point is critical – Trump wants to do everything his way, regardless of how standard certain activities are. And he needs to be called on it. I’m just glad someone – indeed, another Republican – is making the stand.

3 Likes

Yep, I agree.

Congrats. You’ve become an annoying asshole in only three short months. That’s a first.

4 Likes

[ Never mind. After posting a response I clicked through on your profile and read through your posting history. You’re a fucking imbecile. ]

2 Likes

Donald Trumps Tax Returns will show ties to the Mafia and organized crime.

2 Likes

“Given Mr. Trump’s equanimity with other flaws in his history, we can only assume it’s a bombshell of unusual size.”

It’s amazing that Mitt Romney isn’t able to connect with the common man.

Not merely ties, what if he is actually a Mafia Don? Don Don Drumpf. Whenever a character, real or fictional, has a repetitive name, it’s never good. The options range from a despised, malevolent person like Sirhan Sirhan or a ridiculous, annoying character like Jar Jar Binks. Don Don Drumpf is an amalgamation of the two.

Don’t know if this disqualifies him, but there’s plenty of other stuff that should.

Mitt Romney had an army of accountants to window dress the one return he released.

Yes on vulture capitalist, pension thief, opportunistic and preys upon his fellow humans. Not so sure on the ‘tax cheat’ part. He took advantage of loopholes, paid almost no taxes on unearned income and taxes typical of wealthy Americans…sickeningly low.

Yes he is! On this issue he’s been the only GOPer to speak truth to the hair.

Trolololololololol…

1 Like

Baby, it is quite obviously you are painfully outgunned in the intelligence category around here. There are some seriously smart people discussing politics here. Scurry back to redstate or Fox where you fit in. Slanted viewpoints, lack of citations and false equivalence don’t cut it on TPM. DT’s tax returns have nothing to do with Hillary, Al Sharpton, Nancy Pelosi, Benghazi or whatever other silly BS you think. Scram.

Exactly. Trump is hiding something.

It’s indicative of the cavalier, irresponsible, and dangerous regard Republicans have toward national security, when they allow an individual to gain access to our most sensitive information without revealing his financial obligations and who he’s beholden to.

The lives of our sons and daughters are at stake.

This starts to make me wonder. Because if Trump had done a good job of separating his business and his personal interests, his personal tax returns would hardly show anything. They’d have the money he receives in salary or other payments from his various enterprises (maybe all listed, maybe not if he had the sense to create an uber-shell company to own them for him), any personal money he’s gotten from his reality show and other appearance (unless that goes through a corporate shell too) and a bunch of personal expenses. And that would be it.

But I bet instead it’s a fscking mess, with personal and business income and outgo randomly commingled, one shell company paying expenses for another or taking income ditto, business money getting put in personal accounts and so forth. It would be a complete clusterf**** to release. And quite possibly (unlike the IRS, who may generally only be able to focus on one enterprise return at a time) the power of the intertubes could find something really interesting. Or at least the Donald is insecure enough to fear that they would find something.

(I am remembering the days when my mother was a CPA, and had to fire a client because he insisted on taking his mistress’s apartment and other upkeep as an office expense…)

3 Likes

A person who has been married go the same person for 57 years, raised 6 children, never been on welfare even during hard times, served his country for 4 years and respects the Constitition of and loves this country would annoy liberals. It’s understandable.

Were Hillaries involvement in her" foundation" included in her tax return?

Was Hillary’s…

You’re welcome to look. They are posted all over the internet.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available