Discussion: Mitt Romney: Trump Not Releasing His Tax Returns Is 'Disqualifying'

BLAHAHAHA!
That’s “rich” coming from R-Money

Really, already? Trump will survive this. He has 60% of the republicant vote and is pulling into a dead heat with Clinton. At least in the first few poles without an opponent. He is flashing one big fat short middle finger and he is getting away with it. But really, watching them try to reconcile Trump’s triumph is high comedy even if it makes some of us feel ill.

2 Likes

“Former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney said Wednesday there’s only one reason Donald Trump isn’t releasing his tax returns: there’s a “bombshell” lurking in the documents.”

Mittens should know!

1 Like

Another sorry example of what a typical Trumpy Old Party Loser wishes was in the Constitution, and what is really in the Constitution.

To wit;
Qualifications for the Office of the President

Article 2 Section 1 Clause 5:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

That settles that. No requirement for tax disclosure anywhere. Tradition, yes. Requirement, NO

Is it any wonder that 15/16ths of the American people don’t know how or why their government is supposed to work when we have half baked has been political hacks baying at the moon over what qualifications for President are?
I have NO love of Mister Dump, but people like Willard are not helping.

1 Like

Trump can’t release his taxes. If he did, it would show that he has extensive offshore accounts.

1 Like

It’s true, honesty, decency, competence, intelligence, ability, detailed knowledge, skills at diplomacy are all not statutory requirements. Unfortunately, for Trump and for America, they are essential to execute successfully the duties of the President of the United States.

6 Likes

Trump has always been part of the party elite/1%.

He just made himself the middle man.

2 Likes

citations please

I wonder if this is the same non-existent “bombshell” Mittens proclaimed a few months ago or is it a NEW non-existent “bombshell”?

Looks like Romney has already run out of ideas about how to attack Trump if he’s having to recycle this old shibboleth already. Of course in either case, Romney has no idea what’s in Trump’s tax returns because multiple Federal laws would have been broken for that to occur, so Romney is simply making up lies out of whole cloth.

BTW, I wonder why Romney’s attacking the GOP nominee instead of attacking Crooked Hillary about the “bombshell” emails on her illegal server that have been hacked by every clandestine service on Earth? You don’t suppose the real reason Romney is attacking Trump is because Romney is jealous of Trump’s success in light of Romney’s own pathetic failure, do you?

So, in other words, you’re defending Trump’s refusal to release his tax returns?

Wow, utter bullshit from soup to nuts. Al Sharpton’s tax returns? Are you fucking serious or just clinically insane? When did Sharpton announce his run for the Presidency? Since we’re bringing absolutely irrelevant documentation into the discussion, how about Chris Christie’a emails regarding Bridgegate?

I don’t know whence you came, dumbass, but you should probably return there as quickly as possible. Your 5 total comments at TPM are an embarrassment.

5 Likes

Mitt Romney is afraid he might have to find a “real job”? Do you even read the nonsense you write?

1 Like

“Obama’s school records”

Now here’s a poster with a genuine sense of urgency.

4 Likes

Donald wants to make up his own rules and set his own standards. That’s not the will of the people ultimately. Submitting his returns would be honest and transparent. Integrity is not contingent upon what others do and you cannot use that as an excuse to cover up your records. Bernie and Hillary submitted theirs, period. If Donald evades, he will lose. The numbers will be leaked out. Guaranteed.

No, I’m pointing out that Romney also didn’t release his tax returns and is therefore a hypocrite. He’s not exactly the right spokesman on this issue.

1 Like

As badly as I wanted Mitty to go hide in his stables after the 2012 election, is how badly I want him to continue taking shots at Trump now.

4 Likes

I agree he’s a hypocrite. But that doesn’t mean his point is unfounded. Look at this way: can’t a person who has committed murder be repelled by another grisly killing? You’re right that Romney should not be the spokesman for this issue. But that doesn’t alter the legitimacy of his point. And the point is critical – Trump wants to do everything his way, regardless of how standard certain activities are. And he needs to be called on it. I’m just glad someone – indeed, another Republican – is making the stand.

3 Likes

Yep, I agree.

Congrats. You’ve become an annoying asshole in only three short months. That’s a first.

4 Likes

[ Never mind. After posting a response I clicked through on your profile and read through your posting history. You’re a fucking imbecile. ]

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available