Dem Espy, Mike…0…0 %
GOP Hyde-Smith, Cindy (i)…0…0%
Mike Espy has been keeping it close for the past 1 1/2 hours.
Both are still inder 50% ,maybe we will need another run off.
Stop it man…the suspense is fucking killing me…
No matter how this election shakes out, as badly as I’d love to see Espy win, the one thing I’ll be grateful for is that they’ll unplug and then remove the batteries from Steve Kornacki for at least six months.
It is a real nail biter, been watching these results for ages now.
Come on, Mississippi – make us all apologize for the jokes.
You can say you’re sorry…I can’t!!
When do the polls close?
This is very exciting
8:00pm Eastern…
Any news about turn out?
Don’t see any “swarming the polls” stories. Here’s an AP story that talks about “steady but slow” turnout.
From that article:
“History will be made either way: Republican Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith, 59, would be the first woman elected to Congress from Mississippi, and Democrat Mike Espy, 64, would be the state’s first African-American U.S. senator since Reconstruction.”
Yikers, Mississippi.
Given its history, I think we all can rest with complete confidence that Mississippi will make the right choice…
States that, as far as I can recall, have never elected or appointed an African-American to either chamber of Congress:
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
How many of those states have a 38 percent black population?
The question just makes the problem easier to see.
As opposed to the “Left” choice? ![]()
Mississippi, the armpit of america. You laugh, but that is how some locals describe it, though it is in the context of all the shit that flows down the river.