Discussion: Mississippi Senate Runoff Election Results

I’m happy to point out that that is no longer true of Colorado: Joe Neguse, who won the House seat previously held by Jared Polis (who is now Colorado’s first openly gay governor) is Colorado’s first black member of Congress. Since this district is basically Boulder, the only real question was who was going to win the primary after Polis decided to run for governor.

7 Likes

This gives the break down state by state

3 Likes

And I’m happy to note!

Thanks.

1 Like

This old woman thinks Steve is cute! And he knows his $hite…

3 Likes

You spelled white wrong…

I used to think so too, but then he opened his mouth and started river dancing all over my very last nerve.

6 Likes

It almost looks like voting in America under republicant rule that is so mysterious.

1 Like
10 Likes

5:01pm on the West coast, so they’re off and counting…

1 Like

I used to get completely annoyed at Nicole Wallace… as a Shrub apologist. Now, I like her. See what Trump has done to me?

4 Likes

What do they do when they run out of fingers and toes?

3 Likes

Throw the ballots in the trash and start again?

4 Likes

Did not mean to imply that Mississippi has the corner on racism. Or ignorance for that matter.

ETA: @cervantes

Do you know which other states have never elected a woman to Congress ever? Just curious.

2 Likes

Yes.

Only Vermont.

5 Likes

Well, I wish Mississippi had chosen someone else for that potential honor.

1 Like

I’m really surprised the AP hasn’t called the race for Hyde-Smith yet…

2 Likes

At first I was like, WA? Then I checked, and oh…

2 Likes

politico has this much but it is very early

1 Like

Of course, most of those have been states for considerably less time than others. Exceptions include Kentucky, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Here is another piece of the puzzle:

3 Likes

Why it’s as plain as black and white.

3 Likes

They are too polite for that. They rather prove us right.

2 Likes