Discussion: Miami Airport Will Close A Terminal Due To TSA Screeners Calling In Sick

2 Likes

Yeah! It’s a start and hope it spreads to DC, Chicago, LA! Got to get somebody’s attention some way.

12 Likes

This will accelerate as the shutdown continues. I don’t think trump will care about the pressure - airports shutting down is a feature. Indeed, the more evidence of suffering the more trump will dig in. So it’s between the Democrats and the Kompromats to resolve this. Let’s hope that Chuck and Nancy hold their ground and force the Turtle to bring a bill to the floor.

10 Likes

I want it to extend to DC in a big way!

11 Likes

Lil’ Marco apparently has a lot of time on his hands. Why not volunteer?

8 Likes

“Friday marks the first day screeners will miss a paycheck, and airport spokesman Greg Chin says there’s a concern there won’t be enough workers to handle all 11 checkpoints during normal hours over the weekend.”

I’m sure that absolutely nobody who wishes us harm will notice what’s happening at airports all across America.

G-d forbid some terrorist takes advantage of this utter lunacy and dereliction of sacred duty to keep us safe.

Tell me again: Why do people claim we should trust Republicans more than Democrats on national security…?

36 Likes

I’ll take “Fox News” for $500, Alex…

23 Likes

Just as soon as McConnell figures out what’s in it for him there’ll be some action. But for now it seems to me Drumpf has put him in a difficult position.

13 Likes

Has the FAA cut back on aircraft inspections in the wake of this shutdown?

7 Likes

Well now this can not be right. DHS has assured us that the stories about TSA people calling in sick were just fake news. Certainly they are not lying to us.

8 Likes

Two happy groups: Tea Partiers and Evangelicals. Think of all the wasteful govt money that gets saved–for the rapture! The fact that the FDA, airport security, CDC get shut down only brings it on sooner in their book.

(Still in denial over Pompeo’s revolting speech in Cairo this week. Denial is not just a river in Egypt it turns out.)

4 Likes

Better headline, “Republicans Sabotage National Security!”

15 Likes

Well, there goes the Jewish vote. Not that the Republicans ever had it in the first place.

4 Likes

Yes, but it could help flip the Cuban vote!

4 Likes

The Blue Flu is spreading. Also known as “Not-getting-paid-itis”.

Pretty sure Trump will also blame this on immigrants.

4 Likes

Yes.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article223864750.html
http://arsa.org/shutdown/

1 Like

Mike Von RibbenTrump Pompeo is actually making me nostalgic for Rex Tillerson.

5 Likes

How many TSA employees (and other federal employees) pay child care costs while they are at work? What other expenses do federal employees incur as a result of their employment (e.g. are they paying for parking?) Given that the lack of a paycheck will make paying those costs extremely difficult, I fully expect this “sick out” to get much, much worse.

2 Likes

Theya re sick of not getting paid!!! Thanks Obama!!!

1 Like

Oh, please don’t even think it.

The only good thing about the past two years is we haven’t had a terror attack.

We’ve seen how Commander Bonespurs negotiates with Democrats, throws Republicans under the bus, and pouts and digs in because he can’t have his wall. I don’t even want to think about that fool making decisions in a real security crisis.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available