Discussion: Miami Airport Will Close A Terminal Due To TSA Screeners Calling In Sick

I would like to think that the rest of the world cares not for what the chubby trump-water boy has to say. He is not going down in the annals of history as a profile in courage. After his shameful performance in Saudi Arabia he can go no lower.

1 Like

Flu season is upon us!

2 Likes

Plus red states!

If there is a bright spot anywhere, just think about McDonald and KFC going with their FDA inspections. May it poison his insides bigly.

1 Like

What TSA screeners should do is give the GOP congressmen a hard time, complete with orifice searches.

1 Like

In so many different ways.

Here’s one that affects my Day Job:

Wow, it turns out that government does all kinds of stuff to help people and to make our complex modern society work. Not necessarily glorious or exciting-sounding, but it’s like a light switch – you flip it on thousands of times without thinking of the infrastructure that makes it all work, but one day if you flip the switch and the light doesn’t come on, you suddenly notice.

But who could possibly have known that?

2 Likes

Ideally, Dulles, National and Baltimore/Washington, no leaving town for the critters including McConnell.

3 Likes

The nation’s 51,000 airport security agents are among the federal employees who have been ordered to work through the partial shutdown, which began on Dec. 22.

On Friday, they missed their first paycheck since it started, a lapse that their union leaders feared would cause more of them to stop showing up for work or even to quit their jobs.

Hydrick Thomas, president of the T.S.A. Council of the American Federation of Government Employees, said this week that “extreme financial hardship” had driven some of his members to resign and many others to consider doing so.

2 Likes

Just read this. What a bunch of f’n liars. DHS spox calls CNN article Fake News and says CNN could have called TSA personnel to confirm. Trump of course re-tweets DHS spox with accolades.

Problem is, it is a true story, and CNN quoted the TSA spox, among other TSA personnel in first couple of sentences. BAD DOG!

Washington (CNN) Hundreds of Transportation Security Administration officers, who are required to work without paychecks through the partial government shutdown, have called out from work this week from at least four major airports, according to two senior agency officials and three TSA employee union officials.

The mass call outs could inevitably mean air travel is less secure, especially as the shutdown enters its second week with no clear end to the political stalemate in sight.
“This will definitely affect the flying public who we (are) sworn to protect,” Hydrick Thomas, president of the national TSA employee union, told CNN.
TSA spokesman Michael Bilello said the agency is “closely monitoring the situation” and that “screening wait times remain well within TSA standards,” although that could change if the number of call outs increases.

2 Likes

Coasties were getting paid poverty wages. Now they get none.

E3 Seaman is $23-26K/year. Some E4 to E6 are not getting much more than that.
Federal poverty level is $25K for family of four.

1 Like

He’s the Chris Christie of foreign affairs

1 Like

Dog forbid, but if a plane crash occurred I’d like to see manslaughter charges for Trump.

1 Like

Lucky for us all the terrorists are coming in at the Mexican Border disguised as small children.

3 Likes

Everyone who’s not getting paid should not show up for work. If they can’t strike, they should not have to work for this bullshit.

1 Like

Although it sickens me to have many of those critters in my neighborhood any longer than necessary, I agree that this would be a fine way to make them feel the pain of their inaction.

I can’t evaluate their skills as terrorists, but I must respectfully acknowledge that they’re masters of disguise. Perhaps Hollywood could use their makeup skills.

It struck me that maybe these airports getting higher funding through Congressional budgeting because they’re used by the critters who love nothing more than taking care of themselves.

1 Like

That wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

Wow… I forgot about that lovely pic.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available