Discussion: Megyn Kelly Is Going On Vacation After Igniting Donald Trump Feud

4 Likes

I don’t think she was so much the patsy, as it was that Fox had decided to go after the non-establishment types and it backfired. I mean, that first question about not running 3rd party was CLEARLY aimed at him, and meant to box him in from the get go.

Trump just pushed back…hard. And the base seemed to move right along with him. In typical Trump fashion, (thus proving the reason for her question in the first place), he chose to focus the majority of his anger on Kelly specifically…because, you know, protruding breasts and internal plumbing. So Ailles responded by sending up the white flag.

As I stated elsewhere here, its a bit harder to determine where the “vacation” is originating. My guess would be its more likely that it came from her, than from Ailles. Taking her off the air for two weeks does nothing to appease Trump. Her walking away while this controversy is swarming, and contract talks looming or already under way…makes more sense.

3 Likes

That kind of misogyny should not fly on this forum.

Say what you will about Kelly, but there’s little doubt that she’s worked her ass off to get where she is.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much the Ailes/Fox m.o.

Gossip has been that Fox and Friends is mainly the “waker-upper” for Ailes on his way into work. He enjoys starting his day by seeing a pretty woman say the stupidest possible things because she’s been paid to do just that.

It’s possible Megyn suddenly thought she was a journalist, but every question they had was micromanaged long before the debate came up. Which also means they likely had already picked all the people to be on the stage in the top ten long before the polls were taken. She was given the task of going after Trump with a war on women thing - but was likely given her own way to actually phrase the question.

All that having been said - a LOT of GOPers take August off - hell GW Bush flatly refused to leave his ranch even when told of an impending attack on the US in 2001. Dems might take ‘some days off’ in August - but for the GOP - there must be like some annual big conference because they take most of August off with a passion

NO i have not heard that - where did you hear this

Especially if she’s bleeding.

Stop it… Its just a vacation, Period.

2 Likes

Good analysis.

It’s not unlikely that within a year Kelly will be the anchor on one of the major broadcast evening news shows. Her ratings are threatening to eclipse O’Reilly — and the worst-rated of the major evening news shows pulls far more viewers than any single cable news show.

What’s more, Kelly has one of the youngest demographics on a network whose median viewer is 68 years old and climbing.

Fox needs Kelly a hell of a lot more than Kelly needs Fox.

If anyone should be looking over their shoulders, it’s the current broadcast nightly news anchors.

2 Likes

Megyn Kelly a real journalist?

That ship sailed the day she signed her first FoxNews contract.

1 Like

People c’mon! :wink: Do you REALLY think Megyn Kelly is going “on vacation”?? She’s been banished by SPECTRE (er … Fox News) for failing to liquidate Donald Trump’s POTUS campaign during last week’s debate! #BondVillains.

2 Likes

That ship sailed the day she signed her first FoxNews contract.

Well, it shoulda sailed. That doesn’t mean it did.

Gives a little bit of insight into her as well - as hyper competitive as television is let alone Fox “News” I can’t imagine she spends a lot of time “coasting”

2 Likes

Chris Hayes hasn’t been canned.
Ari Melber is MSNBC’s chief legal correspondent, and isn’t going to lose his job.

All they changed was the day-side and unfortunately that included Ed Schultz, who should still be on the air for them.

Rev. Al, Rachel, and Lawrence are staying put.

You think they drew straws to see who got to ask the ‘woman’ question? Not sure if they intended to set Trump off or if they thought he’d go easy on a desirable woman.

Yes, they were trying to bring down the non-establishment types but it backfired pretty badly.

How convenient!

Maybe you haven’t heard. MSNBC is keeping Rachel, Lawrence (for now) and Al Sharpton. However, Chris Hayes is gone as is Ed (and maybe Ari Melber, too). They are supposedly going for a more “hard-hitting” news approach with less political commentary. BUT, Chuck Todd is going to be the featured newsman (excuse my urge to retch) - hence, Trippin’s comment about them going towards the right.
2Replies
chammy
chammy25m
marby:
Maybe you haven’t heard. MSNBC is keeping Rachel, Lawrence (for now) and Al Sharpton. However, Chris Hayes is gone as is Ed (and maybe Ari Melber, too). They are supposedly going for a more “hard-hitting” news approach with less political commentary. BUT, Chuck Todd is going to be the featured newsman (excuse my urge to retch) - hence, Trippin’s comment about them going towards the right.
NO i have not heard that - where did you hear this
ThunderclapNewman
ThunderclapNewman15m
marby:
Maybe you haven’t heard. MSNBC is keeping Rachel, Lawrence (for now) and Al Sharpton. However, Chris Hayes is gone as is Ed (and maybe Ari Melber, too).
Chris Hayes hasn’t been canned.
Ari Melber is MSNBC’s chief legal correspondent, and isn’t going to lose his job.
All they changed was the day-side and unfortunately that included Ed Schultz, who should still be on the air for them.
Rev. Al, Rachel, and Lawrence are staying put.

I have scoured the internet and can find no such thing. Way back in February the Daily Beast intimated Chris Hayes was out but that is not the case. Chris Hayes show is up for an Emmy Award. As bad as lefties think MSNBC is I would die if I didn;t have Rachel, Chris and Lawrence O’Donnel to keep me sane

1 Like

Implausible.

That would mean that Fox would have been able to predict who the top ten in all the major poll aggregators would be, “long before the debate.”

1 Like

That’s what all the Trump lovers are saying on her twitter account.

Refused to apologize? She would get down on her knees and beg it that is what Ailes told her to do. She is getting some time with the kids before school starts so Faux has time to placate their Trump viewers.

It certainly didn’t work out for the GOP Establishment which orchestrating this ambush. Reince Pribus never dreamed that this would actually help The Donald. They had to defuse the “feud” or it would have helped The Donald even more.

Just another example of why so many Republicans can’t stand their party any longer.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available