Discussion: Megyn Kelly Is Going On Vacation After Igniting Donald Trump Feud

Do I have to like Donald Trump now for getting her off the air, however short lived her vacay may be?

1 Like

Going on vacation in August is a bit of a head scratcher.Who goes on vacation in August?

11 Likes

We’re all surmising Kelly’s next move here (and Trump’s, and FOX / Ailes’). We can guess, but the sky is the limit. I’d say every turn in Donald’s political life has been mostly unexpected and not predicted, by the pundits and we commentators here. Stay tuned …

2 Likes

Her first stop should be the police to see about a restraining order for that creepy perv, Nugent.

5 Likes

August is vacation time for millions, every bit as much as any other month if not moreso.

2 Likes

A big DUH to that one. These are slow times for TV, so this is when vacations happen. Daily Show is closed up, Colbert waits until after summer before starting, etc. She has not been off for 6 months, VERY rare to go longer than that. This was most definitely a vacation that was pre-planned like so many others this time of year, so how this is a story is hysterical. Conspiracy nonsense. FOX loves Trump for ratings, and they love Kelly for the same thing. And they will both see air time, etc., to keep ratings up. Just a lot of nonsensical speculation here.

4 Likes

I’d rather have Megyn on the air than Donald. Whatever on that. Stupid discussion.

1 Like

worried about the sharks? lol

1 Like

During her time off, she should reflect on whether she wants to merely be a corporate tool for Faux, or a real journalist for an actual news organization.

2 Likes

Maybe you haven’t heard. MSNBC is keeping Rachel, Lawrence (for now) and Al Sharpton. However, Chris Hayes is gone as is Ed (and maybe Ari Melber, too). They are supposedly going for a more “hard-hitting” news approach with less political commentary. BUT, Chuck Todd is going to be the featured newsman (excuse my urge to retch) - hence, Trippin’s comment about them going towards the right.

3 Likes

Not to worry they will give Megyn a wide berth. Professional courtesy. :blush:

2 Likes

Congratulations. You got one fish to bite … hook, line and sinker.

1 Like

Wow. You’d think Roger Ailes would want the optics of this to look above reproach, and even if what Megyn Kelly says is true, keep her on the air solidly until AFTER the next GOP debate in September to prevent tongues from wagging. I guess not.

I wonder if the Kelly haters will cause this slot to rise in ratings signaling the end for Megyn Kelly on Fox, at least for now!?

I’m no Christian, but I’ve often heard it said: To whom much is given, much is required.

I don’t think the ‘requirement’ is skipping out on your job when things get a little rough and tumble for your liking.

To quote another saying: When the going gets tough, the tough get going. – Knute Rockne

That means perseverance, not hiding out because you’ve drawn too much attention to yourself…which I thought was the whole purpose of her grand inquisition into tRUMP’s background on behalf of Faux News and their particular audience.

Their gambit backfired. That’s why she’s going away for a stint.

So apparently she defies both those maxims, unless “the tough going” means…“going on vacation to tough it out”.

Entitlement is something that is given. Did she earn that? Not in my book.

She’s leaving for vacation because she attracted controversy and is now a distraction for Faux Snooze audience and their shills, who are desperately trying to deal with tRump-mentum.

And as Megyn bids a heated ‘Good Bye’ to colleagues, Roger Ailes arrives with the FOX “vacation” bus to send her on her way:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4183865/hit-by-a-bus-o.gif

Buh bye’ Meggy’… Trump just sees you as collateral damage. ~snicker!~

2 Likes

Yes, this is exactly my thought as well. Even if her vacation was scheduled, I would have assumed they would have wanted her to stay on the air now for appearance sake at least.

3 Likes

If this harlot knew anything about the role that God had laid out for her, she’d take Erick Erickson’s advice and stay at home for good – cooking, sewing and bringing all pregnancies to term.

4 Likes

worried? sure… sharks can smell blood, y’know…

The entire country of France goes on vacation in August. Just try to get thru Charles DeGaulle Airport on August 1st. It’s an annual nightmare. Everybody who can afford a plane ticket will try to leave Paris. then there are those who drive…OY!! The traffic is insane trying to get out of town.
How do I know this you ask. Well, last year Mrs darr and I were in Paris and we were scheduled to leave on August 3rd…it took 2.5 hours to surf thru the crowds just to check luggage and do the passport shuffle. THEN there was airline security (another hour in line). It was an epic boondoggle. The traffic from hotel to airport was instructive. We could see the roads out of town were jammed and not moving much at all…

As for Megyn…who can say? I would hope she tells Ailes to “stick it”" for tossing her under that bus. I think she asked Trump a very appropriate question about his treatment of women. And he answered poorly. Very poorly.

6 Likes

There are layers to this, however.

She re upped her contract with Fox for 2 years in 2013, so…it would seem its time to return to the table.

Now, she could be “going on vacation” as part of that, sending a message that the declining numbers to come are because she isn’t there. Or, declining numbers could show that her audience is turning on her. Or she could be just trying to let this whole thing blow over for a bit. Its really hard to draw a conclusion from this right now.

Personally, I doubt Fox wants to lose her before the elections are over. Too much disruption during the most important time of their 4 year news cycle, on their flagship time slot.

But on the other hand, Alies did seem pretty quick about tossing her under the bus concerning Trump. Offering him an hour long interview with Kelly is just a huge slap in the face to her. There would have been no upside to her that I can see.

Lately Fox has been sort of schizo on quite a few issues, which makes me think that the real disagreement is happening higher up the ranks…between Ailes and Murdoch. Not surprising that its happening right as Murdoch is supposedly transitioning control over to his son.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available